Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Import

Parf

Hi Everyone,

Im new here and was hoping to get a little advice on importing. I want a Altezza RS200 but there seems to be a few models on the import sites and i was wondering if anyone knew the differences.

There is a Z-ED, L-ED and Limited Edition 2.

Im looking for one with a lot of toys but no TV or NAV and the more basic the audio system the better.

Sorry if this has been covered before but i couldnt find it when I had a look through.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

Im new here and was hoping to get a little advice on importing. I want a Altezza RS200 but there seems to be a few models on the import sites and i was wondering if anyone knew the differences.

There is a Z-ED, L-ED and Limited Edition 2.

Im looking for one with a lot of toys but no TV or NAV and the more basic the audio system the better.

Sorry if this has been covered before but i couldnt find it when I had a look through.

Thanks

Hi,

I got an Altezza in from japan its the SXE-10 with lowered HKS shocks and straight through exhaust system,6 speed manual,it came with standard stereo 6 changer c/d,mini disc player and inline speakers.I don't know much about engine specs but was told the Yamaha Beams puts out 220bhp and with the exhaust system about 250bhp.I can't fault de car its a rocket but is also great in traffic,i would advise you to get one as its the best car i have driven let alone owned.I'm keepin this one for myself.

I'd advise you to try and bring one in from the auctions in japan if you can,as even after you paid the duty you will still get it cheap,but do get the timing belt done straight away. good luck.

it wont be 250 hp :)

regards specs, although there are the bqasic specification levels, the options list was massive, so a car thats a z edition could be more specified than an L edition.

if you want the most extras look at the L edition models first, but dont discount looking at z

at the end of the day buy the best you can find, i used to import them a few years ago, and there really are some great ones still around

I got an Altezza in from japan its the SXE-10 with lowered HKS shocks and straight through exhaust system,6 speed manual,it came with standard stereo 6 changer c/d,mini disc player and inline speakers.I don't know much about engine specs but was told the Yamaha Beams puts out 220bhp and with the exhaust system about 250bhp.I can't fault de car its a rocket but is also great in traffic,i would advise you to get one as its the best car i have driven let alone owned.I'm keepin this one for myself.

I'd advise you to try and bring one in from the auctions in japan if you can,as even after you paid the duty you will still get it cheap,but do get the timing belt done straight away. good luck.

Standard beams engine only pushes out 210 Bhp and thats on 100 Ron Jap fuel which we cant get in Ireland so that will drop power to below 200bhp. I'd love to know what exhaust system gives you an Extra 30bhp!

@ Altezza99, welcome to LOC :)

Sorry to burst your bubble but.... the standard RS200 has 210BHP when run on high octane(100) Japanese petrol

We had a Tezza rolling road over here in march and the average was approx 194 BHP when running Irish 95ron.... some had lower and some were higher.... one stock car made 200BHP, some of the modified were making less....

Marks 02 Tezza had a straight through exhaust (cat removed,HKS rear box) and his made slighly over 200BHP...

Anyone telling you they make 250BHP is full of *******, to make figures like that would need a supercharger