Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vibrating Bonnet

This is something that I noticed a long time ago and it actually gave me a shock at first but didn't worry me after untill I saw a car with it's bonnet over the windsceen the other day.

My bonnet moves quite a bit when I am at motorway speed especially when there is a truck or something on front. I have never noticed this on any car I have had before. It moves up and down and the first time I saw it I actually stopped to check it was closed properly.

Am I being paranoid. Does it happen to everyone?

It's an easy fix mate.

Pop the bonnet and you'll see two rubber adjusters either side along the front - just adjust these so they sit higher which will basically mean that they are pressing onto the bonnet harder which in turn means no vibration :)

Had it happen on my IS and that sorted it for good - never used to happen until 85!

It's an easy fix mate.

Pop the bonnet and you'll see two rubber adjusters either side along the front - just adjust these so they sit higher which will basically mean that they are pressing onto the bonnet harder which in turn means no vibration :)

Had it happen on my IS and that sorted it for good - never used to happen until 85!

Good man. I was just about to ask the question on how to adjust it.