Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Fogs

WylieCoyote

Hi guys. I'm thinking about changing the rear fogs on my IS from the standard red ones to clear ones. I'm not sure how it will look with my colour paint though. I've taken a snap this afternoon and greyed one out in photoshop. I need your opinion guys, which one looks the best?

Keith

img4199xg5.jpg

I changed mine and think it looks much better :)

DSCF0009-1.jpg

Agreed. How easy are they to change?

Keith

10 mins to change, i did post somewhere how to do the other week :shifty:

Cheers mate :) . Where do you suggest getting them from? Fleabay or is there a store that does them?

Keith

Get 'em off ebay mate, normally loads on US site :)

They do look good on your colour cars, think on my silver one they look a bit to clear might try and smoke some, although they are impossible to get apart :(

Get 'em off ebay mate, normally loads on US site :)

They do look good on your colour cars, think on my silver one they look a bit to clear might try and smoke some, although they are impossible to get apart :(

I have used tinting spray in the past...can get a good finish too.

the top lights are done with the tinting spray, used to be yellow and white...does not effect brightness.

Picture006.jpg

well there is that yes. I'm just saying that I think it may be a bit dangerous as well as illegal. White light to the rear is not allowed except on reverse lights. Also the beam pattern from fog lights is very tight (5degrees up/down, 15 degrees left/right) and 350 candela, more if it is white.

Very foggy night, lonely road, car behind thinks you are reversing towards him, when really you just have your fog lights on? mmmm

Sorry read post above properly.......

Yeah red bulbs are ok or a red lens (or even a red reflector for that matter)

yeah ive got a set on mine. i think mine are slightly smoked.

and its all good for mot's mine passed at lexus last week with them on. got red bulbs that come with the fogs, think i paid about £20

rear.jpg

and if u do go down the route of using bulb paint, do not spill it. lol i spilt nearly the whole container down the hall on the laminate flooring. looked like a murder scene. lol. but de-icer worked a treat for getting it off!!!

I changed mine and think it looks much better :)

DSCF0009-1.jpg

Keith

10 mins to change, i did post somewhere how to do the other week :shifty:

ive thought about changing them on my Platinum Ice IS but think it looks a little naf with the big circle of red thats left in the brake light.

think i'll be sticking to the stock red ones, unless its possible to get smoked one's and smoked rear light clusters??

my rear depo lights where from america off eBay and the rear fogs wer from eBay too from a company based in glasgow! the rear fogs are see through white with chrome back with white led's but light up red!

rear fogs:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=160103573185

eBay user name of the person is citroenservices

type that on eBay on the community bit!