Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Over the last few weeks I had had increasing diffculty unlocking both the front doors on my LS94.

First the passenger side central unlocking was intermittent (from the driver side key entry) internally the mechanism visibly didn't move the complete distance and I could not force it with my hand. Externally the key would not turn anti-clockwise as if something mechanical (deadlock??) was jamming the mechanism.

I have tried lubricating everything I could access but not much help.

This happened a few months ago and I wan't too concerned because most journeys are on my own and the drivers door was ok.

But a few weeks back the drivers door started doing the same thing, essentially locking me out of the car!!

I have managed to work around this by physically banging the door under the lock area and it has eventually free'd up. I am now in a position where i am scared to lock the car for fear of not being able to open it again...

Anyone have any idea of what is going on? - when it is jammed it just will not turn and i dont want to snap the key with excessive force.

Thanks.

Hi,

Sounds silly butHave you tried your other spare keys?

I had a Celica with a similar issue and the key was just getting too warn to fitt the profile inside the barrell properly :blush:

Thanks - I'll try it but I dont think it is as simple as that because when it happens I cant unlock the door from the inside either (cant move the plastic lever), so don't think its just the barrel/key interface.

I managed to unjam the passenger side once by flicking the inside chrome, door lever. Again makes me think some inner mechanism is sticking.

Mine does this occasionally, I think it's the link rods inside that link the buttons to the the lock, after a few

tries mine clears, but it might be worth taking the trim off for a touch of the WD40! :winky:

• 2 months later...
Mine does this occasionally, I think it's the link rods inside that link the buttons to the the lock, after a few

tries mine clears, but it might be worth taking the trim off for a touch of the WD40! :winky:

Had this problem today and fixed quite easy later in the afternoon.

Got in the car this morning and drove off, My door opened and I couldn't shut it(lock stuck on). Pulled the inside lever and then the door shut. Later I could get out, But not in with use on the handle.

THE CURE AND CAUSE.

The reason I found later was a bit of corrosion in between the rod that runs down from the handle to the main lock and the rod running across it. I pulled the bars apart and cleaned them up and spraied some WD40 on the parts. Worked it a little until things moved with ease. Reattached the panels etc.

JOB DONE.

I did this as well today, did it while i was having a look to see why the drivers lock would not close the central door locking with the key, i think it must be the solenoid, as using the key, lock button and door switch, all will lock but not unlock the doors, the solenoid looks like a right pig to get to, so i have left it for now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links