Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driver's Leg Room (long Legs)

Hi.

Are there any long-legged members out there who can comment on the driver's leg room (and, thus, comfort) offered by the IS250 (AUTO).

I have taken two test drives now and I love the car, but the second time (nearly one hour) I became a little concerned by the (lack of) space available to my left leg (the one which isn't doing much). I worry that this could become uncomfortable over long distances.

Anyone had any problems with this? Is it just that I'm not used to driving cars with such a large centre console (is that the right phrase?) perhaps and, thus, I find my left leg pressing against this more than usual.

Thanks.

Hi.

Are there any long-legged members out there who can comment on the driver's leg room (and, thus, comfort) offered by the IS250 (AUTO).

I have taken two test drives now and I love the car, but the second time (nearly one hour) I became a little concerned by the (lack of) space available to my left leg (the one which isn't doing much). I worry that this could become uncomfortable over long distances.

Anyone had any problems with this? Is it just that I'm not used to driving cars with such a large centre console (is that the right phrase?) perhaps and, thus, I find my left leg pressing against this more than usual.

Thanks.

Can't say I find any discomfort, even on long trips, but I make a point of ensuring my left foot stays on the dead pedal. I'm only 6 feet tall and the steering is telescoped back as far as it can go, so if you are a lot taller than me you could have a problem.

6' 4" tall, no problems at all with leg room.

I set the front of the seat to its highest setting, back to its lowest, about half way back and I fit fine.

The back seat leg room is terrible in these cars though.

Hi.

Thanks.

Another 6' 4" Driver here.

I set the seat down as far as it will go, front and rear and go back about a third, I like to sit close to the wheel. No problems whatsover, Feel as snug as a bug in a rug. Great car, had it since February this year, just gets better and better.

Another 6' 4" driver here. I use the same seat settings as Mr. Pants .... front of seat highest, back of seat lowest. Wheel is as far out as it will go and I have the seat back so that my wrists rest on the top of the wheel. No problem with leg room at all.

• 2 months later...

How much adjustment is there in the seat and steering wheel?

Quite a bit, steering wheel can be adjusted for reach and rake (up and down and in and out). The seats also have a lot of adjustment. I'm 6 foot and had no problem finding my ideal position. Then just press set and your all ready to go. Remember to set your key to your favourite position so you don't need to adjust it when it comes back from a service!

Sorry just realised the above only applies to the SE-L and Sport.

6 feet tall,30" inside leg & do drive huge distances on the Continent:my AUTO is the most comfortable car I have ever had with no aches/pains after 700 miles in one day & I am getting older!

Tel

I am 5ft 10 and have no problems getting comfortable in the diffferent IS250`s i have driven

I think the issue for most in this country is trapping their bellies under the steering wheel :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links