Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spark Plugs

Erm, yeah :)

Over time, spark plugs can wear out and can also carbon-up. By replacing them, you're going to produce a better spark and increase the fuel / air burning process. Generally, a car with failing plugs / leads will often show poor performance and may result in a staggered launch.

I'm sure others will be able to expand on that and correct if necessary.

Cheers,

Jamie

Hi there mate,

IK20 are recommended for a standard IS200

IK22 are recommended for a s/c IS200

From here: http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/%20creativ...3653669QQsofpZ0

Jamie

Link isn't workin for me...?

Someone suggested I buy my own plugs rather than getting Lexus to do them for me, but it looks like the price is the same either way

That US eBay guy sells high performance plugs very cheaply. Alot of us on here have bought from him and they turn up very quickly. I'm ordering my 3rd set from them and the car has only done a little over 40k miles. Also much cheaper than Lexus plus they are 'performance' plugs being iridium

Denso Iridium Power spark plugs (ie. IK20) are recommended to be changed every 30K, the normal ones are 60K.

Yep.. Mine went prematurely due to slight engine problems that I've had. Point I was trying to make is that the US seller is very cheap and great delivery which is why I'm buying from him for the 3rd time :)

so technically, if normal ones last twice as long, and cost twice as much, I might aswell just have them included when I go for the service, cos i'm no worse of economically (unless I sell the car within the next 30k) so actually..... hmm, i'll have a think about it

so if i buy

SK20R11 (Denso Iridium Spark plugs)

will these be ok for my standard is200

or am i worng

SK20 are normal ones, IK20 are the performance ones. Go for IK20.

thank you

My car (IS200 SE Auto) needs a 40k service + MOT. Anyone delt with Woodford for a 40k service, if so how much? do they change the plugs if so how much are the plugs, will it make finnacial sense to buy the plugs from eBay seller ?

The reason Why I ask is my car has got a major brake squeal at any speed once I've driven for about 6mins or so, I've taken to woodford several times, they've replaced the rear discs under warranty and still the brakes groan like a old bus!

I evently bought some front discs and pads from a guy on eBay (Can't remember the brand, they were recommended on this forum, ) anyway and got them fitted when I saw the Doc (STS) this was great at first (4 months) but are now squeaking like a big mechanical PIG everytime I touch the brakes(i have the stereo more than half way on every journey!!) ! So do I stress the credit card again and buy new Lexus approved jobs (fat dough for those I'm sure) or see Prolex for upgraded ? please help!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-IRIDIUM-...1QQcmdZViewItem