Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Disc's Should I Go For?

corsavandal

Can anyone recommend a good set of break disc's that arent over priced?

Lexus Leeds have pick up on some rust spots (slight corrosion) on my rears so i figure i should upgrade to something aftermarket rather than be bent over and used as an object of fantasy :crying: by buying and having the dealership fit something from Lexus :D

Can anyone recommend a good set of break disc's that arent over priced?

Lexus Leeds have pick up on some rust spots (slight corrosion) on my rears so i figure i should upgrade to something aftermarket rather than be bent over and used as an object of fantasy :crying: by buying and having the dealership fit something from Lexus :D

I've got DBA Golds on my IS200 Sport with Mintex pads and they're very good. You could always try these if you want something different :D http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/rotordisc.php or check out the selection on disc's..afraid you've got to click on 'Japanese' and 'Toyota' to get to the IS200.

I've got DBA Golds on my IS200 Sport with Mintex pads and they're very good. You could always try these if you want something different :D http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/rotordisc.php or check out the selection on disc's..afraid you've got to click on 'Japanese' and 'Toyota' to get to the IS200.

they do look rather sexy, however i've since been made aware of an irritation when rolling on groovy disc's...... the tap tap tap tapping of the pads running over the grooves. :angry:

is nothing straight forward anymore :excl::question:

im tempted to leave this for now :offtopic: and go for the sports grill, spoiler and back box instead.

what exactly do they mean rust spots and where on the disc??

they said it was 'corrosion' i describe them as rust spots.

they're little spots on the inside of the rear disc, only visible when the car was lifted and i was stood under it.

if i understand properly there are rust spots on the disc pad surface on the inside face? or do u mean on the central body of the disc and not on the areas where the pad contact?

if i understand properly there are rust spots on the disc pad surface on the inside face? or do u mean on the central body of the disc and not on the areas where the pad contact?

you understand perfectly! on the face of the disc where the pad would contact! this is why i think it'll go with new rear pads only.

plus, there's no loss of braking either.