Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Roof Bars And Cycle Carrier

Gents,

Has anyone good or bad feedback on the Lexus roof bars and cycle carrier available for the IS?

Will it secure a full suspension mountain bike that does not have the conventional down tube and is it relatively secure? Also the accessories section of the manual states the carrier is lockable, is this any good?

Furthermore, did you check out the Thule roof bars, though i'm unsure whether they offer a fitment for the IS, and if so were these in your opinion better or worse and why?

Cheers.

I've got lexus roof bars, I use them for roof box. I tried about 180kph with them and I still have the roof box, so I reckon the bars are OK :)

I've got lexus roof bars, I use them for roof box. I tried about 180kph with them and I still have the roof box, so I reckon the bars are OK :)

Thanks Matus.

They fix to the car in a clean and tidy manner without leaving any marks or scratches then. Mine will be off and on quite a lot so i hope they are relatively quick and easy to both fit and remove.

once you get used to do it, it goes fast. Don't forget to clean the roof before applying them.

I am afraid just of one part - there is no washer under the screw (and it makes iron sawdust when tightening)

I am not sure about some words, I had to use a dictionary, so I'll explain if you don't understand.