Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch

redz_UK

Some advice please guys..

When driving the clutch seems to slip??

let me explain, im in gear and drop the clutch to change gear... this causes the rev counter to increase by about 200 rpm, then once gear is changed it settles down.

It also seems quite jerky when pulling off and is very easy to stall especially in reverse..

is this normal??

of course the rpm will increase- you are no longer putting any load on the engine when you depress the clutch pedal as the vehicle is disconnected from the engine.

jerky - is down to to driver control and the dual mass flywheel- u need to get used to the clutch.

stalling would prob be connected to how u operate the clutch

hmmm, i guess you could be right about the 'driver'... its my first few days with the car and i have come out of an auto so i guess i have a lazy clutch foot!!

as for the rise in rpm, just to clarify this happens when the clutch is depressed and no acceleration..

Lexus Deler say they have never heard of it before and they want to diagnose it and the gargae i bought it from (non lexus) say they arent entirley sure (its under warranty) either but will book it in.

i initially thought it waas normall myself but it sure smells like a clutch burning when i pull over...

hmmm, i guess you could be right about the 'driver'... its my first few days with the car and i have come out of an auto so i guess i have a lazy clutch foot!!

as for the rise in rpm, just to clarify this happens when the clutch is depressed and no acceleration..

Lexus Deler say they have never heard of it before and they want to diagnose it and the gargae i bought it from (non lexus) say they arent entirley sure (its under warranty) either but will book it in.

i initially thought it waas normall myself but it sure smells like a clutch burning when i pull over...

Does sound strange if the clutch smells like it's burning. Best bet to get it diagnosed at the garage and see what they come up with :)

try changing gear slowly and driving around and see if it smell like burning. if could be just were you are slipping the clutch and thusly heating up the clutch so you get a burning smell.

have been driving around for a few days now trying to get used to it.

The bite is very high almost at the top and is difficult to keep control of it. Thinking it was me i got the misses to drive it (she has a manual) and she found it the same too (she is a good driver!!)..

i always thought of myself as a good driver and wouldnbt want it to be just me!!

anyway, it has a 12 month used car warranty and the dealers i bought it from said they will look at it and change it anyway if it needs it as i t was notified straight away.. so its in to the workshop on monday!

well it came back yesterday..

Panic over!!

nothin wring at all, but magically feels better!!

ther was a problem with the alignment as it was twitchy at anything over 40 and allegedly it was sorted but now the steering wheel isnt straight!! it still feels a bit spongy though..

a trip tp watford when the new wheels on me thinks!