Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keeping Rare Cars

Chris.S

Im going keep my car for another 18 months at least, do you think its worth keeping onto a rare car for longer though.

ps I've already decided what i want next though :P

I had a rare car, is good because they hold there price really well, down side is adding the miles and keeping it in good condition...I made the mistake of getting rid of mine as now they are slowly increasing in price.

What are you going to get next :question:

I quite like those, considered one for a while, I remember seeing that they cheated with the exshausts...think its just a bolt on tip but the exuat inside bends down or something.

Very nice car, I don't know much about them appart from theres a 4wd one.

it depends on what you mean by 'rare'

I see many adverts for bog standard cars that are a 'rare' special edition or colour...

Now, if your talking a Mercedes 300SLR, or 911 RS, or something equally classical and likely to appreciate, then absolutley hang onto it.

I mean mine when i say rare

I quite like those, considered one for a while, I remember seeing that they cheated with the exshausts...think its just a bolt on tip but the exuat inside bends down or something.

Very nice car, I don't know much about them appart from theres a 4wd one.

bit like toyota cheated on my car with the exhaust

Mazda6 MPS, the car the IS200 should have been

Sorry don't agree with you....

The IS200 has aged very well, wonder how many will consider the Mazda desirable in years to come? :unsure:

All the IS200 ever needed was more poke.... they should have given it the 3S-GE engine ;)

True they could have but they didnt, they also didnt give it few things like some of their rivals

I've had 2 IS's and no end of Toyota's and it just seems that they want to produce cars they want and not what the customers wants.

I've decided on the MPS because of the good spec list it has inc 260bhp and 4wd

True they could have but they didnt, they also didnt give it few things like some of their rivals

I've had 2 IS's and no end of Toyota's and it just seems that they want to produce cars they want and not what the customers wants.

I've decided on the MPS because of the good spec list it has inc 260bhp and 4wd

yup mazda make good cars too, I had a little mazda 323 hatchback a few years ago... great little car, couldn't say a bad word against it....

put a nice body kit on that mps and i'd like one... :lol: , still think it will date fast though... :unsure:

I mean mine when i say rare

okay, I assume you have the corrola compressor then?

The simple fact is, it'll still depreciate, slower than the rest of the corrola's, but it will still depreciate.

The only reason to hang onto it is if you really enjoy driving it, I dont think keeping it will have any benifit, unless your likely to want one again.