Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Summer Barbecue

Rikos

Hello all,

I was out having a few beers the other night and smelt the glorious smell of a bbq being cooked and really wanted to go to their house and invite myself in :shifty: but i refrained from it!!

It got me thinking about organising one with my mates and then had the thought about seeing if we could make a proper day out off it and invite everyone form the LOC.

I was thinking of doing this on a weekend in May or June at the biggest man made reservoir in the country and i think europe, Rutland Water!! It's got lot's of parking space and if we have enough interest i'll give them a ring and see if they will lend a hand with the set up. If not we're allowed to take our own bbq's.

I don't know if the LOC has a summer bbq at all but thought it may be a good day out if theres enough interest.

If anyone would be interested then put a post up and hopefully we can start sorting something out.

Thank you all and look forward to hearing from you. :)

I'll reply to this post - it's a bit easier if there's only one fella to track what's going on :)

Steve organised one a few years back that was held at Castle Donington, it was a great day - had a really good laugh and it was a really hot day too!

I'd be interested if I'm not either

a) working

B) away

c) already leathered :D

BBQ's are always a winner!

JAE is the last big event of the show season so maybe after that?

I'll reply to this post - it's a bit easier if there's only one fella to track what's going on :)

Steve organised one a few years back that was held at Castle Donington, it was a great day - had a really good laugh and it was a really hot day too!

a) working

B) away

I remember that one Aido, at Donington, we had just had the superchargers fitted :D was very hot too :D

Was a very good day :D 1st time meeting most of you :D

i had one at my house lat year, quite a few peeps turned up.....

id be happy to host another

remember it well :D

was a good day

a) working

B) away

I remember that one Aido, at Donington, we had just had the superchargers fitted :D was very hot too :D

Was a very good day :D 1st time meeting most of you :D

i remember the black sausages :lol:

What does everyone think about the location - Rutland Water.

http://www.anglianwaterleisure.co.uk/index...mp;parentid=47/

If anyone has any better locations then please post them up and we can decide between us also any ideas of the best date.

If we can get the date and location sorted asap we can hopefully get as much interest as possible.

Not sure if i've put link in properly but if you type Rutland Water in google it should find it easily mate.

They are fine with bbq's normally but i will give them a ring tomorrow anyway and check and also see if they'll lend a hand as it's for an organised club.