Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pre-purchase Questions

hey folks, how r we all?

jus wanted to ask a couple of questions in general about the IS200 before i make my decision to go for one. at the moment im torn between am IS200. a BMW 3series, or a Hyundai S-Coupe (my current car is a Gen 1 Coupe) or spunk all my savings an a small bank loan on a Mazda RX8 :S

at the moment its all comin down to cusomisability (try findin that in the Oxford Dictionary)

1.does anyone know if there is a replacment bonnet is avaliable with out the bulge avaliable?

2. whats the average MPG?

3. you've all probably covered this prevous so sorry. but im havin trouble findin a nice bodykit. all i can find are the bumper spoilers an skirts, which are nice enough is suppose. anyone know where a kit can be found?

4.has anyone ever seen an IS200 with an Alloy Wing? id like to go for the japanese street racer look

thanks for takin the time to read an reply.

cheers B)

hey folks, how r we all?

jus wanted to ask a couple of questions in general about the IS200 before i make my decision to go for one. at the moment im torn between am IS200. a BMW 3series, or a Hyundai S-Coupe (my current car is a Gen 1 Coupe) or spunk all my savings an a small bank loan on a Mazda RX8 :S

at the moment its all comin down to cusomisability (try findin that in the Oxford Dictionary)

1.does anyone know if there is a replacment bonnet is avaliable with out the bulge avaliable?

2. whats the average MPG?

3. you've all probably covered this prevous so sorry. but im havin trouble findin a nice bodykit. all i can find are the bumper spoilers an skirts, which are nice enough is suppose. anyone know where a kit can be found?

4.has anyone ever seen an IS200 with an Alloy Wing? id like to go for the japanese street racer look

thanks for takin the time to read an reply.

cheers B)

Hey there mate.

All 3 cars are great cars and I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed with any of them. Tiny considerations - the Hyundai is a cramped car, the 3 is expensive and the RX8 is, well, excellent!

The Lex is a great car as I'm sure you'll be told by loads of people. There's a decent 6-cylinder engine, smooth ride and unquestioned reliability.

In response to your questions:

1. Yes I'm sure there is a bonnet around that would lose the bulge, but having never looked myself I couldn't be sure. I like the bulge in the bonnet I must say.

2. Avg MPG - my auto does around 20mpg urban, mid 30's extra urban and high 20's-low 30's combined. Slightly better with a manual I believe.

3. Simply google for bodykits or search the forums on here for ones. Try Prolex also.

4. I've never seen a Lex with an alloy wing, but then I've never looked. Can't help you with that one!

The Lex has a huge range of customising options and it's a car that wears them really well. It really depends what you want the car for. The 3 is notorious for being a good drivers car with a well-sorted chassis. Howvere to get the best from it you need to move up the range a lot. I've never driven a well-sorted IS because mine is built for comfort but I'm sure someone on here will let you know that with the right suspension and setup they handle nicely.

Take time to search through the forums and read loads of threads, you'll answer all of your questions and more.

Enjoy the ride!

Keith

The mpg for an IS200 will be between 20 and 30 depending on how you drive it!!

Personally i'm not a fan of the hyundai coupes as the body on them is not the best. But thats just me. :P

You can more than likely get a bonnet without the bulge all depending what you want the new bonnet to look like. I'm sure someone else will know more than me about this.

The other factor that i think puts the Lexus in front is you get all the toys inside that you could ask for which to get the equivalent in another car in the class will cost you more money.

And of course there is the reliability that has been mentioned.

At the end of the day you must look at what you want the car to do for you and then look at the cars you are looking at and see which fits the mould the best.

For trouble free motoring, a stylish motor and the ability to have people surprised when you tell them you own a lexus, it's got to be the IS. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links