Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rca Converter

Hello All

Was just wondering if anyone had used one of these to run an amplified sub box in the boot connecting it to the rear speaker wires as a direct line which is how i used it in a previous car? would it work on the is200 sport? and does anyone know off the top of there head which wire is the ACC on the ignition think its the grey but not sure as have been searching for the past 2hrs :blink:

Thanks for any help

Chris... :)

Hi Chris

The sport and the SE have an amplifier behind the glovebox on the left side.

These (Sport + SE) have an 8 speaker stereo system rather than the 6 you may think

is there. The Rear 6x9's are run as 2 subs + 2 midrange/tweeters.

When you look at the underside of the rear 6x9's you will see the wires going to the speakers,

these carry a bass signal (which is what you want) but no mid + treble. The mid/reble is wired over the top on the rear deck under the speaker cover/shelf.

You can splice into these wires under the deck to get your speaker level sub signal.

Depending on your Sub and Amp combination, I would suggest 4AWG (American Wire Gauge)

is a good place to start for your Power + Ground leads, I am currently running a

JL Audio 12W7 + 500/1 Amp(monster £700 sub = £450 Amp)running exactly as I have described,

from the rear 6x9's for the bass signal.

This all changes on Monday as I have a full Alpine system going in to replace the Lexus factory Eqt.

New Alpine Head Unit, Front components, Rear 6x9's + Alpine 4 channel Amp ,

plus keeping my killer bass. I will be taking some pictures of the install and finished System.

Hope this info helps, any problems please send me a message.

I don't know which wire is ACC, but will find out tomoz....

best regards

Wozza

Hi Chris

The sport and the SE have an amplifier behind the glovebox on the left side.

These (Sport + SE) have an 8 speaker stereo system rather than the 6 you may think

is there. The Rear 6x9's are run as 2 subs + 2 midrange/tweeters.

When you look at the underside of the rear 6x9's you will see the wires going to the speakers,

these carry a bass signal (which is what you want) but no mid + treble. The mid/reble is wired over the top on the rear deck under the speaker cover/shelf.

You can splice into these wires under the deck to get your speaker level sub signal.

Depending on your Sub and Amp combination, I would suggest 4AWG (American Wire Gauge)

is a good place to start for your Power + Ground leads, I am currently running a

JL Audio 12W7 + 500/1 Amp(monster £700 sub = £450 Amp)running exactly as I have described,

from the rear 6x9's for the bass signal.

This all changes on Monday as I have a full Alpine system going in to replace the Lexus factory Eqt.

New Alpine Head Unit, Front components, Rear 6x9's + Alpine 4 channel Amp ,

plus keeping my killer bass. I will be taking some pictures of the install and finished System.

Hope this info helps, any problems please send me a message.

I don't know which wire is ACC, but will find out tomoz....

best regards

Wozza

Cheers matey

just trying to find the ACC wire at the very moment so if i find it i'll let you know? :)

Ay up again?

Sorted it out took the remote wire from the ciggy lighter socket the PINK wire as it comes on with the ignition and works quite well i might add :) So my amplified sub box is now up and running, Going to swap it for an amp and a sub though as it sounds a bit baffled think its due to having the original amp going into the new amplified speaker and the speaker isn't taking the extra watts of power from having an extra amp if you know what i mean???

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links