Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Colour: And Is A Respray Daft?

Hi.

I've read that some colours bring out the shape/form of the IS 250 more than others.

I've seen a few, and I think that's probably true - the darker colours seem to show the shape better than, say, silver. On the other hand, black looks dirty very quickly.

Everyone says you shouldn't buy a car because of its colour - and that's certainly true of the IS 250 - but, given it's not a cheap car, would it be madness to get the car resprayed to the colour of your choice (and would it be as good as new/affect its value, etc.).

Also. How much would this be likely to cost?

I've seen a few, and I think that's probably true - the darker colours seem to show the shape better than, say, silver. On the other hand, black looks dirty very quickly.

Black when polished looks awesome on the new IS, but as you said, shows the dirt very quickly.

Everyone says you shouldn't buy a car because of its colour - and that's certainly true of the IS 250 - but, given it's not a cheap car, would it be madness to get the car resprayed to the colour of your choice (and would it be as good as new/affect its value, etc.).

Also. How much would this be likely to cost?

Personally I wouldn't bother with a respray. I think you may be lining up all sorts of problems if any of the car's interior has to come out. My mind boggles at how many non-Lexus approved rattles you might aquire :blink:

When it's gone out of Warranty you'd be OK to paint it what you like. Unless it's been done by Lexus, forget it - every one will think it's been re-shelled!

Even BMW's with Individual paint are worth no more than a standard car come resale, and that's painted at the factory, so I would say you would lose some cash if you get it wrong!!