Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Big Proble... Help Please

I have an IS200 and today couldn't get doors open, tried spare key and still no good. I can open doors with key but alarm goes off. Has any one had this problem? Sure I have seen a similar thing posted but can't find it. I have tried disconnecting the Battery but seemed to make no difference.

I have got my car going now, found the post about starting the engine then alarm goes off after 20 seconds. Does anyone have a link to the post about rewriting the keys? I know I have seen instructions somewhere. It's definately nothing to do with rodio antenas cuz it was just parked on my drive as usual.

Your drive might be in the same place but could be somebody has bought a wireless door bell, set up a wireless network, got a new cordless phone or even a new mobile mast nearby. As suggested start car and move it a few 100 metres away and see if you still get the same problem.

I have only replaced them in both keys a month ago so definately not that. Tried re-coding them but this is not helping either. I think something is broke, just checked all fuses as well and all fine. has anyone heard of the receiver for the central locking breaking? I think this may have gone, any idea how much they cost?

yeah had the problem with both keys. now all fine. Don't think it could have been interference because i went about 3 miles away to a petrol station and still didn't want to work. all been fine since though so hoping it'll be ok now.