Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Rx400h Has Been Written Off And I Want A New One!

My husband has managed to write off my lovely RX400h. It was one year and one day old, so just missed out on the brand new replacement car if yours is less than a year old insurance!

Anyway, now ive got over the releif of him not being injured, and then wanting to kill him - ive decided i'd like another one. We popped into a couple of Lexus dealers yesterday and one today, and they all seem to be shaking their heads and saying there are virtually none available. The best price they all seemed to have up their sleeve for a RX400h with multimedia was £41,995.

I was just wondering if anyone here has bought one recently, what you paid and did you have to wait long.

Thanks

Bev

My husband has managed to write off my lovely RX400h. It was one year and one day old, so just missed out on the brand new replacement car if yours is less than a year old insurance!

Anyway, now ive got over the releif of him not being injured, and then wanting to kill him - ive decided i'd like another one. We popped into a couple of Lexus dealers yesterday and one today, and they all seem to be shaking their heads and saying there are virtually none available. The best price they all seemed to have up their sleeve for a RX400h with multimedia was £41,995.

I was just wondering if anyone here has bought one recently, what you paid and did you have to wait long.

Thanks

Bev

Just has a look on lexus gb web site :D lots on from £34.995 55,plate :D

Just a thought - have you tried some of the New Car Brokers? Although if supply is limited, then I doubt they'd be able to get any either - but just a thought. Also, sorry to hear about the accident.

Just a thought - have you tried some of the New Car Brokers? Although if supply is limited, then I doubt they'd be able to get any either - but just a thought. Also, sorry to hear about the accident.

Have you tried www.drivethedeal.com ? They seem to be able to get good discount but you'll have to wait a few weeks for delivery....

Jonathan

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried www.drivethedeal.com ? They seem to be able to get good discount but you'll have to wait a few weeks for delivery....

Jonathan

Sadly they are offering £5000 off the list price, which is worrying for those who care about residuals. Why do Lexus supply them at such prices if there is no excess supply??? I am thinkingof buying one, but this is really putting me off. Don't want the Ford problem of endless discounting and lousy residuals.

Remember - it's a Hybrid - and still a bit unproven long term. After 5 years when the Battery warranty is over, there is a chance it'll tumble like hell in value - especially if Lexus have launched more resilient Lithium batteries in newer cars...which someone on the forums mentioned that are about to do...

and then everyone will say "don't touch the earlier ones"

You've been warned!

PS - in the meantime ask for £5k off new list if you want one!!

Hi I have recently purchased a RX400h from my local dealership and got the whole 10% off ! While i was amazed at the level of discount, i was also amazed at the level of new RX400h'sss they had in stock, I dealt with Susie Brown not only did she know what she was on about but fantastic to deal with .

The dealership is Oxford. her no is 01865865111

Remember - it's a Hybrid - and still a bit unproven long term. After 5 years when the battery warranty is over, there is a chance it'll tumble like hell in value - especially if Lexus have launched more resilient Lithium batteries in newer cars...which someone on the forums mentioned that are about to do...

You've been warned!

The hybrid has been around for quite a while, remember the Toyota Prius, same technology, and Lexus offer a 10 year warranty on the batteries.

Thanks everyone - Im just about to go up to Sheffield to collect my brand new RX400hSE multimedia. Got it for £39,950 which interestingly is about £2000 less than any dealer in the South of England was offering.

off the theme a little but same thing happened to me (car stolen just after 1 year missing out on new replacement vehicle) moved my insurance to saga which provided full replacement cover for first 2 years. Cost £40 more but worth it during the 2nd year of ownership.

• 3 weeks later...
Remember - it's a Hybrid - and still a bit unproven long term. After 5 years when the battery warranty is over, there is a chance it'll tumble like hell in value - especially if Lexus have launched more resilient Lithium batteries in newer cars...which someone on the forums mentioned that are about to do...

You've been warned!

The hybrid has been around for quite a while, remember the Toyota Prius, same technology, and Lexus offer a 10 year warranty on the batteries.

I'm pretty sure the Battery is warranted for 5 years not 10 - 3 years for the car and 5 years for the hybrid system.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Bev

Bev,

Do you mind if I ask what happened to cause the vehicle to be written off. Pleased to hear your husband is okay though.