Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiring Schematics Urgently Required!

Rob

Hello all,

As most of you are aware Geoffers has designed a circuit that will allow the mirrors to fold in when the alarm is set. the problem is finding a suitable trigger to make the system work.

Does anyone have direct access to the wiring schematic for the alarm system please??????????????

I remember a while ago, a member did have the wiring book for the IS. If you do have this book please contact myself or Geoffers directly.

Thanks.

Rob.

The GREEN/ORANGE out of the alarm, gives a POSITIVE output when the system is armed. This is the same wire that switches on the microwave sensor inside the interior light.

It only has a low current rating, so use it to trigger a relay first... :blush:

you mean me..........

No not you mat, someone else had a book also, but it looks like Geoff has found a suitable trigger,its a green silver one.

Duncan - could you get in touch with Geoff about this also please, any help is appreciated

thanks in advance

rob.

Great - thanks Duncan, this gives more scope and is definately usable.

I've actually found a pulse signal that is negative for about 500ms upon alarm activation. It doesn't seem to correspond with anything other than the alarm receive signal - do you know anything about it?

I need less than 5ua for about 10ms tops. I'd prefer a negative trigger as it saves on an extra transistor to switch from pos to neg on the monostable.

Thanks everyone for the help and keep any wiring info coming - it will always be useful for future projects I have up my sleeve.