Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Missus' New Car - What Do I Need To Check Over Etc

My wife has just picked up an 02 IS200 SE auto (78000 miles) as her car - this is the first time in years we haven't bought a new car - it was an urgent issue as she has developed a partial paralysis (at 36!!) and we needed an automatic with electric seats.

Anyway the car is a cracker & I want to keep it for good - she can have my Mazda 6 MPS if her leg recovers.

My questions are what do I need to do with it now to make it last?

It has been well serviced (a mix of Lexus dealers and local garages) and has had new spark plugs at 60000 miles and a recent oil, oil filter and air filter change.

Do you lot suggest transmission and / or diff oil changes?

How about timing belts , brake fluid etc etc.

Thanks, George

Welcome to the LOC, sorry to hear about the missus.

The cam belt is due a change at 60,000 miles or 6 years but alot of people don't get them changed until 100,000. I would recommend getting this done though for piece if mind.

Glad to see your happy with the IS they are brilliant cars and it wont let you down. :D

timing belt is 100k, thats what it says in service book anyways, i had mine done at 100k.

tbh mate there arnt too many things to worry about, just keep it serviced and look after it, and it will look after you

timing belt is 100k, thats what it says in service book anyways, i had mine done at 100k.

tbh mate there arnt too many things to worry about, just keep it serviced and look after it, and it will look after you

I think someone said a few nights ago that it was a mistake in the book and when you get a lexus service there is a ticket attached stating its actually 60k for the belt

I think someone said a few nights ago that it was a mistake in the book and when you get a lexus service there is a ticket attached stating its actually 60k for the belt

Yeah thats right they have changed it from 100k to 60k

This is a really useful web site - thanks gents.

She really is loving the car.

A further question is can anyone suggest a good independant garage on the Wirral - there is an independant Lexus one in Heswall - Glynmar - anyone help me on this?