Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Straight Answer Needed On Clear Side Indicators By The Door.

Have a search through the threads and no one ahs a straght answer.

What clear side lights are LS400 MKII onwers using. The ones by the doors not the front bumper(Done them).

Some people say celica 89> ==Please which celica? This was the name for the early supra.

Others say MR2 MKI == Had a look and don't look like they fit.

Some say Landcrusier, But don't mention what year and model etc.

So please can you let me know which ones fit and where you got them from. eBay seller name etc.

Also can anybody confirm that the rear clear lights from US fit UK models. Did see a thread on saying they don't and then reading that someone has fitted them.

Correct answer please. Fit or not????

There are two types for sale on eBay US. Fully clear and just the centre clear, Any difference in fitting?

Thanks

Baz.

Hi Baz,

Had the same thing with the side winkers (but you know that).

I can vouch for the US outer sections DO fit but the inner sections DO NOT.

I'm still in the process of 'modifying' the inner sections to shorten them to suit the UK boot.

They fit fine if you have a Celsior though.

Hi Baz,

Had the same thing with the side winkers (but you know that).

I can vouch for the US outer sections DO fit but the inner sections DO NOT.

I'm still in the process of 'modifying' the inner sections to shorten them to suit the UK boot.

They fit fine if you have a Celsior though.

Thanks for the reply.

But someone must have clear side winkers???

What ones did you get and do they fit smack on. Please need the right answer.

Also looked at the land rover side clear indications which are big and square. Do they fit??

I bought a set of generic ones, they attach with double sided sticky foam.

I reckon the land rover ones willl cover the large hole in the LS wing, you may have to cut off the plastic retaining bits though and stick them on like mine.

I can send you a length of double sided sticky foam if you need it.

:winky:

I ordered the 'clear' rear lens clusters for my old LS400 (1995 series 3) from the states.

They fitted perfectly well but the inner housing needed some modifications to allow the bulbs to fit through. (This was not particularly easy to do :angry: )

The bulbs sent with the light clusters were different to those I had in the 400, in fact they were the same as I now have on my LS430.

The only other issue was that I ended up with no rear fog light.

Being a glutton for punishment I again elected to change the rear lights to clear ones when I got the LS430.

However this time around no problem whatsoever!

Just needed a couple of amber bulbs, which of course are a standard part on the later model 430.

I ordered the 'clear' rear lens clusters for my old LS400 (1995 series 3) from the states.

They fitted perfectly well but the inner housing needed some modifications to allow the bulbs to fit through. (This was not particularly easy to do :angry: )

The bulbs sent with the light clusters were different to those I had in the 400, in fact they were the same as I now have on my LS430.

Being a glutton for punishment I again elected to change the rear lights to clear ones when I got the LS430.

Just needed a couple of amber bulbs, which of course are a standard part on the later model 430.

Hi Steve, can you tell us a bit more on how you got the rear lights to fit? This would be helpfull as I'm looking to buy a pair from the states. Alan.

I think I have the answers.

The side markers are the Toyota Landcruisers 90-98. Which is mentioned on a thread fron US as a stragiht fit with no problems. I'll find out at the weekend when I get a pair from the 4x4 centre.

The rear clear lights fit from the US on the outside of the UK spec, But not the inner boot lid. These clear lights fit the celisor model no problem.

Just a thought but does the celsior boot have the same fittings/hinges/size as the UK LS400 model. I say this as If I fit a celsior boot to my LS400 I would then be able to fit the US style clear lights to it. Yes or no, What do you think.

The boot lid should fit, I thought about doing that too, the problem is with either a US boot or Celsior boot the wiring is not the same as the fog lights are different.

The Celsior doesn't have any rear foglights as standard as they are not required in Japan so you will see them with the add on single fog mounted on the rear valance ( looks naff!) or in my case with a relay and a bit of wiring modification they are integrated into the exsisting light clusters and the switch for the yellow front fogs operates the rears also.

Two pics showing fogs off/on

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/ste...006/fogsoff.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/ste...2006/fogson.jpg

I think the Celsior boot will fit in place of a Lexus physically but you may have to redesign the loom in some way,also the Lexus centre badge will not fit without major surgery as the locating pegs fit into nylon inserts in the boot.

Trying to obtain a Celsior boot lid may prove the most difficult problem!

bulb2

Hi Steve, can you tell us a bit more on how you got the rear lights to fit? This would be helpfull as I'm looking to buy a pair from the states. Alan.

Hi Alan

Apologies for the delay in replying.

Basically I had to enlarge the holes in the inner housing to allow the bulbs used in the series 3 LS400 to fit properly.

This involved filing away some of the plastic (more difficult than it sounds.)

I guess this may or may not be an issue for you depending on which series LS you have?

If your existing bulbs are the 'bayonet' type shown on the link below then you could have the same problem that I encountered.

bulb

The rear clusters I ordered from the states came with the flatter type of bulbs shown on the link below (which are used on the LS430 I have now.)

bulb2

Hope I've explained this clearly.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a bit late but I have just fitted MR2 Mk1 on my 95 ls400. Took 40 minutes start to finish. The clear lights went straight on BUT you need the MR2 bulb holders as the lugs are in dfferent positions. I got round it by enlarging the slots on the lights with a small file.

I also have clear front indicators and rears with a clear indicator and Rear fog stripe. can confirm that you have to file out the holes for a rear fog light but didn't take long. I use red LEDs. Front and rear lights from Lextacy.com in LA and MR2 repeaters from Stylyze off E.bay (£15.49 with postage) and included orange bulbs.

Probably a bit late but I have just fitted MR2 Mk1 on my 95 ls400. Took 40 minutes start to finish. The clear lights went straight on BUT you need the MR2 bulb holders as the lugs are in dfferent positions. I got round it by enlarging the slots on the lights with a small file.

I also have clear front indicators and rears with a clear indicator and Rear fog stripe. can confirm that you have to file out the holes for a rear fog light but didn't take long. I use red LEDs. Front and rear lights from Lextacy.com in LA and MR2 repeaters from Stylyze off E.bay (£15.49 with postage) and included orange bulbs.

Which year mr2 indicators as they have three listed on their shop.

Which year mr2 indicators as they have three listed on their shop.

As of this morning E. bay item number 150122409406. As i said you will have to enlarge the slots in the fitting to match the lugs on the bulb holder if you don't change that too. I used a small 1/2 round file.

Had some LED side clear indicators off an eBay seller which fitted with no problems.

YOU'LL ENJOY THIS LILTTE STORY.

Man walks(me) into a Toyota dealer.

Staff Can I help you.

Me Yes I would like some clear indicators for my LS400.

Staff Sorry we don't do Lexus parts.

Me I asked again and stated they are the same as the Landcrusier.

Staff Sorry we don't do Lexus.

These two lines went on for about 6 replies.

Me Now a little angry stated it's a pair of Landcrusier ones I want.

Staff Have you got the number plate or chassis number(Knowing I don't own one) He smiles.

Me No I drive a Lexus.

Staff Sorry I can't help you.

I then looked out the window and could see a Landcrusier. Went back to counter.

Me I would like some clear indicators for a Landcruiser with the following number plate.

Staff Found them on the machine and stated he could not offer a refund in didn't fit.

Me Fine just order them(knowing they been stated to fit, the prick).

Two days later phone call. the parts are in.

Me I've come to collect the indicators.

Staff here they are a set of orange ones.

Me But I ordered clear ones.

Staff I took the number of the screen.

Me I'm not buying orange ones I've already got and walked out.

THE MORALE OF THE STORY IS

Never take a number plate of a Lancruiser for the part I wanted which already had aftermarket clear side indicators fitted.

I felt like a ***** that unknown to me that the landcruiser have had it's indicators changed and the staff ordered the factory standard ones off the screen.

I have now found a supplier off eBay that does them

eBay seller name is aceparts.com

They were £17 to the UK. i used the standard rubbers as they were a little thicker than the ones supplied.

Advert name was TOYOTA LANDCRUISER HDJ80 FJ100 SIDE REPEATERS LED