Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Hi im new here..

Just wondering im buying a lexus in the next couple of months just need to save up another £500, is there any other 20 year old lexus owners on here?

P.s does anyone know what the lexus 0-62 time is for standard

Cheers

Welcome to the LOC good choice of motor.

There are plenty of 20 year olds on here i'm just over at being 21.

If you have a look on the age poll you'll see that there are quite a few young lexus owners.

The standard 0-62 time is 9.2. Not the fastest car in the world but they are so good to be driving it's nice to spend time in it :D

i am looking forward to the pull of 3rd 4th 5th gear, as i only have a 206 1.4L sport at the mo and it lags speed from 50mph..

But more than anything im buying it for comfort and luxury, thoses seats just look so comfy lol!

Cant wait!! :D

dont forget 6th............welcome

Oh yea.. whats the point in having a sixth gear? is it so you can have smaller gear ratios, thus making it quicker through the gears?? :duh:

I reckon for being a 6 speed box and the engine restricted to 6000RPM the gears are really long but also saying that you dont need to change up and down the gearbox for normal driving.Once you are onto open road 6th is a really good smooth gear and it pulls quite a bit aswell for overtaking.Its only if you want to move fast that you will need to play about with the gearbox.With the IS200 being a bit on the thirsty side if there were no 6 speed this would only worsen the MPG

im 20!

woo go me!

i got a lexus IS200 SE(x) :winky:

if you find a good one u wont be disapointed. im not. tho i do need new alloys as the standard ones are flaky and curbed to fook from the last owner.

there are pics somewhere on here if u wanner have a look.. i duno search my name or sumin. but yer.

what one u after?

scott

:shifty:

im 20!

woo go me!

if you find a good one u wont be disapointed. im not. tho i do need new alloys as the standard ones are flaky and curbed to fook from the last owner.

there are pics somewhere on here if u wanner have a look.. i duno search my name or sumin. but yer.

what one u after?

scott

same as mine dude

im 20!

woo go me!

what one u after?

scott

I want to get a Lexus SE 51 plate(ish) with no more than 70k on the clock..in the darkish blue, if i cant get that then black and the grey take my fancy as well..Probs will make a few mods but will keep it mostly standard. i have got £700 so far and whateva i get for my car..see below

dscf0430op3.jpg

Hey there and welcome to the LOC..... I was searching for a lil while but eventually found the one I wanted. Got it in Strathcaron Blue (there are a few different names/shades). It's on an '02 plate with 46k when I bought it, about two months back now.

For an increase in power, mine is booked in to have a supercharger fitted, which will give a nice little power hike I'm told :D

If you're after some pics, click the links below in my signature and have a browse.

Oh yeah, I'm 20 and got the Lex just after I turned it as well - doh! :)

All the best,

Jamie

Hey there and welcome to the LOC..... I was searching for a lil while but eventually found the one I wanted. Got it in Strathcaron Blue (there are a few different names/shades). It's on an '02 plate with 46k when I bought it, about two months back now.

For an increase in power, mine is booked in to have a supercharger fitted, which will give a nice little power hike I'm told :D

If you're after some pics, click the links below in my signature and have a browse.

Oh yeah, I'm 20 and got the Lex just after I turned it as well - doh! :)

All the best,

Jamie

Nice thats gonna go like stink...what was your insurance standard? i might get a private plate and pretend its really new as well lol!

A Lex can handle higher mileage so don't be put off if you see one with 100k but make sure the cam belt has been done as they need doing on 100k.

mine is on 126k and still going very well.

good luck, remember the Sport is an insurence group higher than the rest of the IS200's

from what i have seen french cars start to struggle after 60k...there built to a budget, but still good cheap first cars.