Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is220d Owner Yx07 Xxx

AXEANDY

HI GUYS AND GALS

Just thought id say hi to you all, i took delivery of my shinny new IS220D in Black on saturday from Hull Lexus.

They know how to look after you , thanks guys.

Well im a sales manager for a company selling CNC Punching Machines, if any of you know what they do?

I cover the UK and travel around 55,000 per yr so i guess its going to be a good test for the IS220D!

I actually ordered a New Audi 170bhp TDI however they cocked the price up, i decided to test drive the Lexus and loved it to bits.

Everyone has or had a Audi so i wanted to be different

Since saturday i have covered 500 miles accros and forth the M62 from Hull , Leeds, Manchester.

First impressions after getting used to the toys and gadgtes are good !!!!!

HOWEVER:

Yes i have the wobly mirror or is it? seams only bad in 6th gear but if you notice guys there is a lot of vibration from the hifi system , especially if you turn up the bass!

Little annoying i suppose but im sure ill cope.

6th Gear mmmmm well i feel the car struggles in this gear and vibrates a little , today i played around in 5th and 6th, in my opinion i dont think the 6th is really needed...or maybe ill review that comment in a few weeks.

Fuel economy: avg 38.9 today Hull to Nottingham little disapointed but we will see how it goes! Lexus called me out of curtosy today and i mentioned this , they said leave until run in ....so we will see!

Love the car love the colour love the toys ....black a pain to clean but looks good when gleaming!

Dont like so much the reg which my collegue chose as a joke whilst i was on the beach...YX07 PUF :tomato:

What a plonker but hey gets the smiles! good job ill be changing to my private plate when V5 comes in!

No offence to those that are out there and if anyone wants to buy the plate then let me know.

Ill be back

ANDY........HULL

hi and welcome,

i also have a black 220d,the mirror wobble does slghtly improve over time, it might be worth getting the ecu re-mapped from lexus as i found it makes sixth gear better to use.

if i had to make the decision on what colour to go for again i wouldnt go for black, its a pain to keep

hi and welcome,

i also have a black 220d,the mirror wobble does slghtly improve over time, it might be worth getting the ecu re-mapped from lexus as i found it makes sixth gear better to use.

if i had to make the decision on what colour to go for again i wouldnt go for black, its a pain to keep

hi thanks for the note ..ill speak to lexus hull about the re map, i take it you have had this doen and it works?

yep, i have had it done, i get around 1 mpg more but i think it makes sixth gear better to use.

on another note which industry do you sell cnc machines to?

hi i sell to companies who produce sheetmetal components anything from a small bracket for b and q to companies manufacturing cooker hoods, computer chassis etc.

Basically any sheetmetal part that requires holes , shapes in them and bending!

regards

andy