Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

From Alfa To Lexus

I also came from the Alfa camp to Lex. I had nearly 4 years of trouble free motoring from my 156 Selespeed. Sure i had to change the wearing bits, cambelt, breaks, tyres and exhaust etc but nothing major. The secret with Alfa's like most proper sports cars is they need looking after and a bit of tlc, for example regular servicing and oil changes and top-ups - i didn't run the oil in my alfa beyond 5000 miles. Cambelt change every 40,000.

The alfa wiped the floor in terms of performance and handling but if i'm really honest i never felt 100% relaxed while driving it. There was always a niggling concern at the back of my mind something would break in the engine, especially after reading the horror stories on the alfa forums. With my Lex, i can sit back, relax and feel the comfort and enjoy the toys, knowing it will get me from A-B and home again.

My neigbour actually bought a 156 just b4 me and blew it up on the way home from the showroom! so i guess i got a bit lucky with mine.

In my experience you can't really compare the 2 cars as they are totally different. The alfa has performance, handling and style were as the Lex has reliability, luxury and class.

Just my thought's

Ok fine I take back the reliability ting, but don't no one say Fiesta's aren't reliable cause they bloomin well are, and on the off chance that they do break down parts are cheap as chips! (I know we were discussin Alfa's :duh: ) and as for the handling, the Lexus handling is garbage without up rating it which costs a small fortune, where's Alfa's handling is sweet straight out the box (so was my fiesta's by the way, it was like a go cart) I'm sorry I just have a real love hate thing wi my Lex, a lot of the time I love it, most of the time I hate it, but I'm like hat with all cars which is why the missus wont let me sell the Lex and buy summit else, cause I'd just hate that in a couple of months :shutit:

• 1 month later...
I also came from the Alfa camp to Lex. I had nearly 4 years of trouble free motoring from my 156 Selespeed. Sure i had to change the wearing bits, cambelt, breaks, tyres and exhaust etc but nothing major. The secret with Alfa's like most proper sports cars is they need looking after and a bit of tlc, for example regular servicing and oil changes and top-ups - i didn't run the oil in my alfa beyond 5000 miles. Cambelt change every 40,000.

The alfa wiped the floor in terms of performance and handling but if i'm really honest i never felt 100% relaxed while driving it. There was always a niggling concern at the back of my mind something would break in the engine, especially after reading the horror stories on the alfa forums. With my Lex, i can sit back, relax and feel the comfort and enjoy the toys, knowing it will get me from A-B and home again.

My neigbour actually bought a 156 just b4 me and blew it up on the way home from the showroom! so i guess i got a bit lucky with mine.

In my experience you can't really compare the 2 cars as they are totally different. The alfa has performance, handling and style were as the Lex has reliability, luxury and class.

Just my thought's

Pretty sound thoughts I'd say.