Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Uncomfortable Front Seats: Sore Bum!

I have had the 250 SE-L MM now for 2 months, and most things I like, but some annoying things (nanny sat nav, no autolocking etc: usual gripes). Probably better engineered than my Laguna V6, but not as many features and not as good ergonomically!

However, I have had most problems with getting comfortable (as has my wife). I am only 5'8" (it was average when I was growing up!), but cannot find a position where I do not have either a sore bum or hip. Whether it is hard leather, or the presence of perforated vent things, or the lack of stuffing, I do not know. Never had this in the Laguna or other cars.

I have not seen any other comments about this problem (although one review did mention it), so not sure whether to blame the car in general or my particular example.

Is this an unspoken secret that no-one dare mention for ridicule?! Any advice anyone?

PS: I think everyone should formally write to Lexus complaining about the autolocking on drive off and threaten to go elsewhere for their next car: they are taking the ***** on this.

I think it's unspoken because everyone I have spoken to finds the seats extremely comfortable. Mine are superb and I find I can drive for hours and get out of the car refreshed.

French cars generally have very soft seat and are often not very supportive. It may be that you have become used to these seats and your back will need to be gently re-educated.

Either that or you have a strange shaped arse! :)

I thought it was the seat but for me, the discomfort is caused by the accelerator/brake pedal heights being quite different. I tend to sit at a slight angle. If I purposefully correct my seating position, I'm ok.

Also the accelerator is very stiff on mine.

I think it's unspoken because everyone I have spoken to finds the seats extremely comfortable. Mine are superb and I find I can drive for hours and get out of the car refreshed.

French cars generally have very soft seat and are often not very supportive. It may be that you have become used to these seats and your back will need to be gently re-educated.

Okay, a triangular shaped arse is not the best option. Actually, my arse has been complimented by many a lady! It might be that I have got used to the pleasures of a french seat under me, but any tips on seat positioning would be gratefully received.

Okay, a triangular shaped arse is not the best option. Actually, my arse has been complimented by many a lady! It might be that I have got used to the pleasures of a french seat under me, but any tips on seat positioning would be gratefully received.

I have always found that tilting the seat base slightly back helps in any car I have driven. It pushes you back into the seat a little. I don't like feeling like I am sliding towards the pedals.

I still have an IS200 but used to suffer from discomfort in my hip untill I did the above.

PS: I think everyone should formally write to Lexus complaining about the autolocking on drive off and threaten to go elsewhere for their next car: they are taking the ***** on this.

I tried and they didn't even answer the question...twice! LGB almost told me that it's what they've been given, and no one can do anything about it...

Back to the thread - the seat is OK, but the squab is low, whch makes you feel as though you're sitting in a bucket seat (remember the old Capri GT?)

My solution (similar problem to you with Hip) is to tilt the seat slight downwards at the front. It worked for me - hip and back much better!

I don't like feeling like I am sliding towards the pedals.

I prefer it that way... :blush:

I don't like feeling like I am sliding towards the pedals.

I prefer it that way... :blush:

Well there you go. Just shows that you can't really take seat position advice from anyone. All our bodies are different and everyone needs to play around with their seating position in a new car untill they feel comfortable.

Sorry :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links