Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch

pills141079

Ive had my Lexus IS220d Sport for almost 2 months now (07 reg). Ive been to the lexus/Toyota garage and told them that my clutch sounds buggered for want of a better word. They said leave it 3-4 thousand miles and then come back. Ive read a few posts on this website that says the problem wont go away.

Does anyone know of a fix from Lexus that stops the struggle with changing 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears and that horrible noise in between gears that sounds like you are the worst driver in the world?

Also my gear stick has started squeaking between 1st and 2nd know to add insult to injury. I am seriously considering getting rid and changing to the BMW.

Such a good lucking car let down by the gears.

If anyone does know for sure that Lexus can fix this problem it would be appreciated, Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Ive had my Lexus IS220d Sport for almost 2 months now (07 reg). Ive been to the lexus/Toyota garage and told them that my clutch sounds buggered for want of a better word. They said leave it 3-4 thousand miles and then come back. Ive read a few posts on this website that says the problem wont go away.

Does anyone know of a fix from Lexus that stops the struggle with changing 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears and that horrible noise in between gears that sounds like you are the worst driver in the world?

Also my gear stick has started squeaking between 1st and 2nd know to add insult to injury. I am seriously considering getting rid and changing to the BMW.

Such a good lucking car let down by the gears.

If anyone does know for sure that Lexus can fix this problem it would be appreciated, Thanks.

just bought the IS 250 SE MM picked it up last friday fantastic car to drive but i have to agree with you the first 2 gears seem to "clunk" a bit which does let it down, but for me not enough to detract from the rest of the car which is very good. lets hope lexus can fix it.

I agree the rest of the car is good. But the sounds doesnt get better and now its squeaking when it goes past the reverse selection bit.

Ive got Lexus UK on it and they say it could be one of two problems, 1: My expectations (I dont think so), 2: A genuine fault, i will let you know so if they fix it you can take yours in.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Did you get any joy with you Clutch / Gearbox problem?

I have an 06 250 sport and the box has now been out of the car three times but after 5 months of trouble I am now getting a new box from Lexus customer service on Thursday next week.

• 1 month later...

ive had mine in Reading Lexus 3 times, first it was a warped fly wheel, then it was a poorly aligned gearshift gate..the third time I was told it was just that lexus cant make manual gearboxes and I will just have to deal with it....!

I'm never buying another lexus....!!!!

Hello,

Been on holiday but thanks for all your replies. This is not meant to be nasty but I`m glad im not the only one with the problem. Im gonna ring Lexus tomorrow and tell them if they cant fix it then im gonna get a lawyer and get all my money back and Lexus can take the car back. I did take it into the garage but they wouldnt tell me what the problem was, i rang Lexus head office and they said that the problem was in the hands of the technicians but may never be fixed and then they changed there mind on that comment REALLY quick. I said change my box and they said too expensive, if the cars not working they can fix it, i have 6 months guarantee left and if a problem happens after that i have to pay so they can fix it now. If i get anywhere with Lexus i will post it on this link, same if anyone else gets a breakthrough can they please let me know before i buy a Skoda or something worse.

Thanks

i've had a small win but I'm not 100% happy yet.....Regards the sticky 1st and 2ns gear change, they re alligned the gear shift gate...apparently this was a new update as of a couple of weeks ago...its made a positive difference to the gear changes. As for the noisey & poorly engaging clutch...Lexus Uk have told me it's my expectations that are the problem and thats how it should be. Next step is a legal I guess.

• 2 months later...
Check out my problem in the same catagory. And Lexus told me that there were no other issues with any gearbox or clutches in the UK!!!

Well i got another letter of Lexus 2 days ago, they told me it was a common fault with the cehicle and that it did not affect the performance at all. They cant make theyre minds up wether its common or not as far as I can see. Ive kept a copy of this letter cos Lexus are taking the p*&s. If anyone else has any letters were Lexus have said it isnt a common fault please let me know cos i am planning on them taking my car back cos i hate the noise.

• 4 months later...

Ive had every mod under the sun, 2 rebuilds, a new gearbox, clutch mods etc (the sport clutch is better) and I have just had to realise - it is expectations - the box is O.K. just nowhere near as good as it should be - 100% the case.

Lexus can say what they like "it's supposed to be engineered to feel like a 3 series box" - basically it's poor. The front wheel drive Avensis with the same engine does not have a box like this. And I've had several Toyota Manuals and they have always had great gearboxes.

Brian.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links