Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Angel Eyes

Rolex

Hi guys, could some please tell me if the is300 angel eye kit from www.AdvancedAutomotiveConcepts.com fits on the is200? also how hard are they to actually fit?

cheers

Nathan

The IS300 lights won't fit the IS200.

You will have to buy them in kit form and take your lights apart to fit them.

They'll look like this when done, did mine last week. Took them to put on the car and found the smaller ring had snapped. They are very fragile.

Halos.jpg

Thanks for the update, so i will need to get a is300 kit from AAC not complete headlights? also i was going to spray the inside of the lights black will this still pass the mot as i am going to spray the reflecxtive part black?

Thanks for the feedback.

The IS300 lights won't fit the IS200.

You will have to buy them in kit form and take your lights apart to fit them.

They'll look like this when done, did mine last week. Took them to put on the car and found the smaller ring had snapped. They are very fragile.

Halos.jpg

Hi Lee, if you dont mind me asking, where did you get them from ?

ACC in the states, the told me to send them back and they will swap them out. TBH, i'm gonna see what it looks like with just the big ring first. Might just scrap the whole idea though.

Sidelight regulations aren't very tight, angel eyes should pass the MOT easily by my reckoning.

Thanks for the update, so i will need to get a is300 kit from AAC not complete headlights? also i was going to spray the inside of the lights black will this still pass the mot as i am going to spray the reflecxtive part black?

Thanks for the feedback.

Which part of the headlight are you gonna spray black?

the part i was going to sparay black is the reflector bit if that makes any sense its the bit in this picture which has been sprayed red.

ASP.jpg

i hope this come out ok

Ok sorry about this bit of pedantry, but the red bit on the pic is actually called the bezel and the silver parts is the reflector. Obviously don't spray the reflector black as black absorbs light and might make it difficult to navigate at night :)

but i am ok to spray the bezel and the car should still pass the MOT?

Black Bezel won't affect the light output at all, so the MOT bloke would have to be playing his face to fail you. Its only the reflector that throws the beam onto the road.

When you open the light you will find that the bezel is a normal plasticy material (probably ABS or PC, it will say on the back >ABS< or >PC<), but the reflectors is a fibrous thermoset material (the back will be rough to the touch), and will 'ping' if you flick it with your fingernail.

The bezel and reflector will be separate pieces. Just paint the bezel and you should be fine. Try not to handle the mirror surface of the reflector though as this will affect your headlight beam and may cause early degradation of the vacuum metalised surface.

ACC in the states, the told me to send them back and they will swap them out. TBH, i'm gonna see what it looks like with just the big ring first. Might just scrap the whole idea though.

I wouldn't mate I think they look good, certainly give more 'presence' at night

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I got those from automotive concepts they cost me 175$ and two small rings broke during the transporation, two big ones broke after two days!!! They are very fragile and it look they would brake easily if the temperature changes! So I got different ones on eBay, 70$ much different aluminum backing, silicon wires, serrated lines and 3 pin connectors. They are not that thin but they work great and I hope they will continue! Cheers! ;)

PS- this is the website where u can find them! ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-04-LEXUS...sspagenameZWD1V