Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus V Mercedes

oldcro

Just checking the Mercedes web site and was amazed at the information available there. They have an Interactive Owner's manual which explains just about everything about the car you expect to find in the owner's manual with interactive displays. Their site design and presentation puts Lexus.co.uk's web site to shame.

In my experience of contacting Lexus UK, the answer to any question will be "contact your local dealer" . Even if you mention you have asked your local dealer and they have not or could not answer your question their reply will end up the same.

So my situation is that I like my IS250 SE-L but found the dealership to be just average and Lexus UK to be a complete waste of time. Even the little things like contacting you after having the car a while to see how your getting on with it would be nice. It's called customer feedback which is a good for improving the cars and showing some appreciation for the customer who pays all their wages.

Rant over. :angry:

My wife bought a Mercedes Brand New And I can honestly say with hand on heart that the customer service was the worst ever. For 3 years they were a complete waste of time. A complaint to the dealership and then to MB UK took over 7 months to resolve. She has had better service from Renault and Mitsubishi.

My mate has a Merc from a different dealership and says NEVER AGAIN.

Just checking the Mercedes web site and was amazed at the information available there. They have an Interactive Owner's manual which explains just about everything about the car you expect to find in the owner's manual with interactive displays. Their site design and presentation puts Lexus.co.uk's web site to shame.

In my experience of contacting Lexus UK, the answer to any question will be "contact your local dealer" . Even if you mention you have asked your local dealer and they have not or could not answer your question their reply will end up the same.

So my situation is that I like my IS250 SE-L but found the dealership to be just average and Lexus UK to be a complete waste of time. Even the little things like contacting you after having the car a while to see how your getting on with it would be nice. It's called customer feedback which is a good for improving the cars and showing some appreciation for the customer who pays all their wages.

There is a post on here from someone who recently bought a lex and the dealer did ring them up after to see how they where getting on. I've never had a problem with the dealers but then i've not used them a great deal.

I suppose everyone has different experiences though :)

There is a post on here from someone who recently bought a lex and the dealer did ring them up after to see how they where getting on. I've never had a problem with the dealers but then i've not used them a great deal.

I suppose everyone has different experiences though :)

Thats it exactly it, i had great service when i bought from renault but i'd never buy from mazda agian aftre my experinces with them, they are so incompetant and they just dont give a crap! :(

Lexus Norwich are the same: don't have a clue :shutit: and give B*ll*hit for answers to simple questions. :tsktsk:

Thats it exactly it, i had great service when i bought from renault but i'd never buy from mazda agian aftre my experinces with them, they are so incompetant and they just dont give a crap! :(

Depends where you go. Could always try Mazda at Hanley (Lexus Hanley is in the same building! :P )

yeah, ive heard MB service is appaling, and the cars arent as good as they once were...

Totally agree. I think that when they (MB) went into the lower end market, A class etc. that is where the problems started. When you could buy a higher spec' Mondeo than a C class!

In my opinion they should have stayed in the Executive market and sold High spec' cars. I always looked at a Merc thinking " I would love to own one of those" Now I would not have it on my wish list. Unless of course you go to the top of the range and even then you are comparing them against the Lexus brand. The latest LS series and GS are a lot more value for money and a higher spec in the toy department.

When my wifes Merc went in for a service and something fixed underneath(piece of plastic was dragging on the road) we were given a new C class as a courtesy car. When I returned the coutesy car the guy on the desk asked me " Were you impressed? " I said,"Not really, I own a Lexus" I had my LS400 at the time. His face was a picture :lol:

gotmy is200 last year from lexus coventry and they rang me up askin how i was getting on etc. anytime i pop into the local dealer the guy that sold me the car comes n talks to me, and asks how the car is getting on etc. helpful ppl.

I had 4 Mercs before going to Lexus, and after a couple of excursions back to see what the rest of the car makers were up to, went back to an old Lexus as nothing can touch them.

The best Merc is/was the 190, made when Mercedes was German before they got in with the big boys in America. After that it was all downhill!!!!

It sounds as if Lexus' complaints department is similar to the Carlsberg one depicted in the TV advert, they are so good, people don't complain!!!!!