Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

any of you guys had problems with cd disc removal ,mine is refusing to edject any of the 6 cd 's in the player.

hope its not going to another fight with the stealership.????

cheers

ONo not yet

Oh dear, guess Err3's symptoms are back again? Or am I pessimistic?

Depends what you've put in there... :lol:

any of you guys had problems with cd disc removal ,mine is refusing to edject any of the 6 cd 's in the player.

cheers

ONo not yet

Oh dear, guess Err3's symptoms are back again? Or am I pessimistic?

Depends what you've put in there... :lol:

red hot dvds ,toast ,sunday paper free bees ,all cleared now so dont know what the problem was .will ask my best friend the service manager to take a look .

cheers

Swager, as intimated by others, it looks like you need a new unit. I've just had mine replaced under warranty. The screen was saying 'DVD error'; this is apparently a new way of saying 'Error code 3' which has been the blight of many a Lexus in the recent past. More annoyingly, the damn thing failed intermittently, twice deciding to spew out my disks literally on arriving at the dealership, so I couldn't show them the issue (but I think they had an idea, as it was replaced without seeing the actual failure mode) For information, the unit finally failed whilst retaining 3 CDs; I had to wait nearly 8 weeks for them to be returned from TMME in Belgium, so there must be a bit of work in progress... :shifty:

The problem is so widespread that the unit is now covered by a 5 year warranty, so pop in to your local Lexus dealersip for a free latte or other coffee of your choice, and at the same time you can arrange for a replacement unit to be ordered and fitted, no questions asked :) .

Mine's a '56, so it's clear that problems still exist.

Good luck with the repair -

Mark

Swager, as intimated by others, it looks like you need a new unit. I've just had mine replaced under warranty. The screen was saying 'DVD error'; this is apparently a new way of saying 'Error code 3' which has been the blight of many a Lexus in the recent past. More annoyingly, the damn thing failed intermittently, twice deciding to spew out my disks literally on arriving at the dealership, so I couldn't show them the issue (but I think they had an idea, as it was replaced without seeing the actual failure mode) For information, the unit finally failed whilst retaining 3 CDs; I had to wait nearly 8 weeks for them to be returned from TMME in Belgium, so there must be a bit of work in progress... :shifty:

The problem is so widespread that the unit is now covered by a 5 year warranty, so pop in to your local Lexus dealersip for a free latte or other coffee of your choice, and at the same time you can arrange for a replacement unit to be ordered and fitted, no questions asked :) .

Mine's a '56, so it's clear that problems still exist.

Good luck with the repair -

Mark

Hi Mark ,

many thanks for info,thought the fault was a one off ,still think it will be a fight with Bristol to get it changed .Will let you know how I get on

cheers

Swager

My Problem with the DVD is that it often won't let me use the DVD at all, even just to view the DVd screen, for maybe the first 20 minutes of so of driving (which is pretty much the length of my journey to work on a good day). It will recognise FM, WM, LW and the AUX input but just behaves as if there is no DVD present for this time, then suddenly wakes up to the fact that there is a DVD player. It seems to be worse after I have connected an IPod or other MP3 player into the AUX socket.

I'm coming up for 10,000 mile service so will get Lexus to look at it then, but anyone else had a similar problem?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links