Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Car

I've been a member for a couple of months now, so its about time I stuck a few pics of my car here :D I haven't modified it in any way myself apart from changing the grille from the older style standard grille, to the newer style standard grille, lol, that's all for now... til Jamie gets bored of his LE grille ;)

LexSide.jpg

LexFront.jpg

shame the front skirt wasn't perfectly fitted :(

LexRear.jpg

(plates have been edited slightly)

Looks nice mate, good job on replacing the grille, those early ones were awful.......

What happened to that front skirt though? Has it come away from the bumper or has it just been fitted like that? Can't imagine anyone taking the car away from a bodyshop with the skirt looking like that :blink:

Nice mate :)

Cheers :D

Looks nice mate, good job on replacing the grille, those early ones were awful.......

been playing on the computer editing pics, i'm going to eventually make the grille look unique, but it'll be custom, I'll await comments when I get it done, cos it won't be set in stone unless everyone else likes it... watch this space...

What happened to that front skirt though? Has it come away from the bumper or has it just been fitted like that? Can't imagine anyone taking the car away from a bodyshop with the skirt looking like that :blink:

unfortunately it was like that when I got it :( I think the previous owner may have fitted it himself, I didn't notice when I bought it, only a couple of days later

Hi pal, glad to see you've finally got your Lex up on the board. Look forward to seeing it at the NW meet.

Nice one,

Jamie

yeh you will, i'm still going, not sure if my guest is coming, my brother will be attending with his camera, now its fixed, lol

Nice one :D mine is Green too :D

Never went for green, but i'm still very happy with it

hey mate, i like the newer style grill. where did you get it and how much does it cost?

got it off eBay, paid about £23 I think includin p+p

unfortunately, apart from a grille i'm going to custom create myself (hopefully) this one wont be having any further mods (not by me anyway)

the wheels will be coming off to be replaced with standard 5 spoke Lexus 17's (once I get a 4th with a good tyre) and a tyre for one of the ones I already have

as I have only been on the road for 9 months, and already got one bump on my insurance, the kit will be staying on

as I think the previous owner fitted it himself, and didn't do the best job, so removing it will probably leave one or 2 holes in the bodywork

When my insurance comes down, and my savings have gone up a little more (1-2 years) I'll be selling this and buying a newer model, and let the modifying begin

I'm a patient man....

as I think the previous owner fitted it himself, and didn't do the best job, so removing it will probably leave one or 2 holes in the bodywork

How the hell did he fit it wonky? Removing it shouldn't leave any holes, if it was fitted properly.

How the hell did he fit it wonky? Removing it shouldn't leave any holes, if it was fitted properly.

To be fair mate, I was speaking with Rory the other day and he showed me the front splitter. As Rory said, the previous owner must've fitted it himself, as he also bonded the sideskirts on not only with silicon, but with screws as well - from the centre of the sill :blink:

Jamie

Fair enough mate good to see you've got it all mapped out.

Make sure you pop along to a meet soon and say hi to all us members :D

I'll be at Bolton this sunday with the other 20 or so names on Jamies thread :D I'll show off all my little flaws that have persuaded me to wait til I get a newer model before I start fine tuning it, anything I do to this one will be removable to save for the next car