Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reading "bike" Mag

Ellz

Just reading the lastest Bike magazine and they doing a topic on the "life of a suzuki test rider"

reading through etc then they get to the test track (basically a race track) then they go on to each corner straight etc and what the bike can do.

The bit i was nearly knocked over by was that the new GSXR1000 comes out of the hairpin bend and then only 500 i repeat ONLY 500 METERs later its doing 186mph. :o mind bendingly quick

Also at the back of the mag its testing it against all the new R1's Ducatis etc etc and it still the daddy apparently. (told u ahmet to get one :winky: ) and then it goes to the top speeds run and it does 186mph in 5th flipping gear, it has a whole gear left spare to save fuel when hitting the speed limiter lol what i wanted to know is what it could do if the limiter was taken off.

Anywho thought i'd just let you ppl know as summers coming and if you've got a spare 8-9grand dont put it in the bank go by a saturn5 rocket with wheels :lol:

Maybe next summer ........... that or the R1 :whistling:

You know its all about the gsxr :)

Although im guessing its gonna be pretty tight for you to touch the floor on them :tomato: lol they've got such high saddle postion now

i am more into comfort so looking at getting a bmw gs 1200 or the adventure version

Not been on a BMW yet, dads mate had one the 1200 had the blue and white race coloured one, he didnt have it long tho didnt rate it at all, went and got a beneli lol

Have you looked at the new KTM duke 1000 (well 998cc or whatever it is) crazy amounts of torque quicker than some superbike to 60 and there the most fun bikes to ride ever lol, i advise a test ride but have your cheque book at the end cos you'll deffo wanna buy it lolol

both myself and Sam@tdi are taking our bike tests in the next few months.

I haven't got a clue what i'd want to ride but Sams been eyeing up Marks 'busa :blink:

Yeah i agreed with Ahmet something like a 600 is pefect for a first bike even tho they still go like **** off a shovel, a busa is something thats takes a while to get used to, there heavy dont handle as well and have soooooo much power

If your small enough and dont want comfort i think the new triumph daytona 675 i think its the sexiest thing around at the moment, and has a bit more toruqe than the other 600's (also dont see them all the time unlike those common as muck R6 hehhe :tomato: )

http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/5839.aspx

both myself and Sam@tdi are taking our bike tests in the next few months.

I haven't got a clue what i'd want to ride but Sams been eyeing up Marks 'busa :blink:

Yeah i agreed with Ahmet something like a 600 is pefect for a first bike even tho they still go like **** off a shovel, a busa is something thats takes a while to get used to, there heavy dont handle as well and have soooooo much power

If your small enough and dont want comfort i think the new triumph daytona 675 i think its the sexiest thing around at the moment, and has a bit more toruqe than the other 600's (also dont see them all the time unlike those common as muck R6 hehhe :tomato: )

http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/5839.aspx

I think a 'busa would be a suicidal first bike to be honest. One advantage of the 600s is the relative lack of torque low down, which makes it much easier to ride in poor conditions. Bumpy wet roundabouts + cold tyres + great gobs of torque = pain + expense... unless you're careful and seriously skilled! The 600s have everything up the top half of the rev range so they go like a rocket if you rev it, but tootle about nicely if you don't. Good combination! (hence I've got an R6!!)

Something like an SV650 makes a fantastic first bike too, easy to ride, more than fast enough for a first bike, and significantly cheaper than an R6-alike to insure and fix. It might sound like a pussy option, but 0-60 is less than 4 seconds and it'll do well over 130mph - and this from a bike I'm recommending for a new rider.

Experience is king with biking. New riders don't like to hear that and I can understand why (having only ridden for 6 years myself), but it doesn't make it any less true. Start smaller and work up to a 'blade or a gixxer thou over a couple of years, you'll end up faster and safer.

BTW, have you got any quotes for insurance yet? Have you got a garage? One reason I've got an R6 is because it's hard to insure a 1000 without a garage (ie it costs at least twice as much without one...)

Sams been riding bikes since he was very young but never on the road. Whilst this isn't what you'd call 'proper experience' he is more than aware of the dangers.#

Myself, i very very cautious of bikes. I lost 2 uncles to road traffic accidents in the last few years and my mum (who's in her 50's now :D ) has had a few scrapes so i'm constantly bombarded with warnings and horror stories.

I'm more than aware of the what can happen when you're inexperienced and cocky....

The GSXR1000 looks very impressive. indeed

As a brand, I still prefer Suzuki over any others. My first bike was a modifed GSXR750 - it was seriously abused, and never let me down - ultra reliable. I have ridden most brands but still come back to Suzuki as a personal choice :)