Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My 05 GS300 is due for its 30K service (which is an interim service). I called Lexus Edinburgh to be told this service would cost £430!!! A call to Lexus Glasgow and it is £149. How is it possible for two dealers to offer completely different pricing structures for the same service? Needless to say I've booked it into Glasgow. Which is a shame because I wanted to give Edinburgh a chance. Additionally, Edinburgh couldn't even offer me a courtesy car.

Have any of you guys experienced these huge price differences?

I would take a guess that they are doing different jobs and maybe one has misunderstood your request. Have you checked the service schedule in the manual? What extra is required at 30k rather than 10k? Maybe that's the difference or maybe Glasgow haven't included parts and VAT. Or maybe Edinburgh have quoted you for a 40k.

Just looked as Chris S. post for Lexus Hanley and they quote "30,000 Mile £98.02" ;)

My 05 GS300 is due for its 30K service (which is an interim service). I called Lexus Edinburgh to be told this service would cost £430!!! A call to Lexus Glasgow and it is £149. How is it possible for two dealers to offer completely different pricing structures for the same service? Needless to say I've booked it into Glasgow. Which is a shame because I wanted to give Edinburgh a chance. Additionally, Edinburgh couldn't even offer me a courtesy car.

Have any of you guys experienced these huge price differences?

From my limited experiences, dealers have a degree of flexibility when it comes to servicing prices, so it pays to shop around if you can. Also check that they're quoting for apples and not pears. If they balls up your quote, would you trust them not to balls up your service too?

When Edinburgh told me the cost I asked them to confirm that was for a 30K interim service - she confirmed it was. Likewise, Glasgow told me it was only an interim service.

Surely there should be a set price regardless of dealer.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links