Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Its Got To Go! I've Had Enough

After six years of utter reliability my IS200SE has got to go. If I carry on like this, think of all the Lexus mechanics that will be out of a job. No work to do, sitting there twiddling their thumbs, looking longingly out of the window just praying for someone to breakdown. In fact I have yet to meet a Lexus mechanic as the nice people from Lexus Wolverhampton pick up the car for its annual service and deliver it back, on time, all clean and say “see you next year”.

And don’t mention oil consumption! Every year after its service I get a litre of top up oil, a little cardboard funnel and a pair of plastic gloves left in the foot well for me. If this doesn’t stop I will have to build a bigger garage. I already have five un-opened bottles and have run out of room. No wonder there is an oil crisis, it’s all in my garage. It’s not that I don’t know where the oil goes in my baby (I looked it up in the manual) it’s just that none comes out!

I did have to get the original alloys changed, but who hasn’t? Then Lexus lull you into a false sense of security by saying nice things to you, like – sorry sir when can we change them for you, do you want a courtesy car? But I’m no fool I’ve seen other manufacturers, and Lexus aren’t on the same planet!

So goodbye to the stunning shape, the comfortable drive, the gleaming metallic paint, the green-eyed neighbours, all those strange club meetings looking under as many bonnets as you can, having intellectual conversations with Matt and Steve ( on second thoughts ………….). Oh yes did I mention the green-eyed neighbours?

hi there,

Wallace reffering to what u said 'its either an IS250 Sport or an IS250 Sport', i cant believe nobody noticed that both names refer to the same car and not to 2 different cars, lol!

Hilarous imyruff isnt it! imagine doing a typo like that!

Happy birthday mate!

hi there,

Wallace reffering to what u said 'its either an IS250 Sport or an IS250 Sport', i cant believe nobody noticed that both names refer to the same car and not to 2 different cars, lol!

Errrr, I think he's getting an IS250 Sport, hence what he said :lol:

Sorry Chris, of course, you are top of my list for thanks for all the help you gave us over the years. Not to mention the expert way you navigated us to Gayden all those many years ago. :P

Got to dash off the Telford United now, cheers Chris, catch you soon.