Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Someone Smaked My Motor

GWilso

Evening all not been on for a while having troubles with Pipex Connection

Anyway bit of a moan

On the way home from work today some silly old fool side swiped my rear bumber because he just couldn't wait for me to clear the roundabout so i now own a Lexi with dirty deep scratches down the reay bumper oh and a nice little crease to match.

Ok go to pull over call him a **** exchange insurence details etc etc etc

Look in my rear view mirror he just carrys on driving????????? surely he must of noticed it was quite a whack? but by the time i can turn the car round and give chase he's already lost me in the maze of streets round were I live.I drove round for a good 10-15minutes looking but no joy

A few witneses but no one got the reg plate

Just seems strange i saw his face fairly oldish 50s ish

07 Renault megane Saloon

Is it worth reporting to the police or going through insurence? it would probably cost round £100 to have the scratches sorted so probably not worth going through insurence and loosing no claims somebody told me that theirs a goverment fund for hit and run accidents anyone?

i'm thinking ill just grin and bair it What would you do?

Gordon

without a plate it'll be tough for the police to do anything, even with the make, model and colour of the car, they would have to prove it was him.

(perhaps damage would help)

But the fact is, i dont think you'll get much from the police on this.

thanks fidgits thats pretty much what I thought. He has got a broken head or indicator light aswell as some glenavron pine paint down his bumper there was glass left over ive taken a few pictures of te damage to mine just in case he feels the slightest bit guilty and wants to come clean ill also keep any garage bills.

I suppose I need to be thankfull in someways it wasnt more direclty side on that would have done some real damage

Cheers

without a plate it'll be tough for the police to do anything, even with the make, model and colour of the car, they would have to prove it was him.

(perhaps damage would help)

But the fact is, i dont think you'll get much from the police on this.

Bad Luck there mate i'd hate that to happen to me.

But yeah i don't think you'd get much joy from the police. But you could at least try, and if they are useless, probaly just grin and bear the repair charge and hope you see him in a quiet dark car park sometime. LOL

Stav

Sorry to hear that mate, Its anoying mine was reversed into yesterday and who ever it was never told me even though i have an idea! wasn't a happy chappy so know how you feel? shame you never caught him but like you say it could of been worse, Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

Chris...

I'm really sorry to hear what happened, it's a cra*py world we live in nowadays.......

I'm also sorry to say that I don't think there's anything you can do about it - I got hit by an uninsured driver a few years ago. The guy did stop in my case, but made up his name and address......

When I rang the police, they said the car with that registration is all ok, but that car has no insurance, the driver has the same first name, different surname, and lives a few streets away from the address he gave me.........

BUT THEY SAID THEY WOULD DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! :angry:

I don't mean any offence but any moron can see that that is ridiculous, but that's the way of the law nowadays - so if you don't have a license plate I doubt there's much they can do......

Good luck with it, but I'd recommend just getting the car repaired and forgetting all about it because it honestly isn't worth the aggro ;)

report it anyway - u have to...... but if by some chance u see the car again report it and see what happens - u never know.

he prob did know he hit you but has no insurance so did a runner, I would also have a quick look around the renault dealers for an 07 plate with a broken light!

As Rob said

How about calling into your local Renault dealers, explain what happened and ask if anyone has ordered ot purchased those parts

They wouldnt be able to give out the owners details due to the data protection act but you might be able catch him when he collects the parts

It could even be a worker at a Local Renault place?

Pleanty of young lads work there that nip out in the company cars at lunchtimes and breaks. Probaly didn't stop cause they might get sacked? Just say someone hit them when they get back to work?

Any CCTV cameras around?

We are all creatures of habit, Might even be worth while waiting at the accident spot at the same time another day or a week from now and see if he drives past again, and then nab-him ! :tsktsk: