Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tanabe Medallion Touring

Tango

he said i hope the rear screen is out when you come as its a b***ard to do.

So is yours the guinea pig for Richards first 250 with the screen in situ? It was bad enough watching him dismantle all four doors to get at the glass, including removing the fixed quarter lights, so I'm sorta glad my rear screen is coming out and he doesn't have to take out the rear parcel shelf with the centre brake light, speakers and rear power blind :crying: .

Just got back from Japfest, so took some pics..sorry about the quality but taken with my phone..the rear blind is up as the rear screen isn't of course tinted yet.

dsc00044jj5.jpgdsc00049va0.jpg

dsc00048kp0.jpgdsc00045ky9.jpg

TK, What brake pads are they fitting? There' a Lexus TSIB issued in the US for different pads to be fitted on the 350 and the 250 because of excessive brake dust...here: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ost&id=6726

The replacement pads produce a lot less dust but are marginally less effective in braking, something you will have more than compensated for with the bigger rotors and calipers, so am really interested in your new set-up.

Tango, thanks for the reminder. This time, I am taking the car to the Tom's & TRD motor shop to have the brakes installed. They should know the issue well as they are the local authorized Toyota and Lexus mod dealer. I'll take the opportunity to have the geometry calibrated as they should have the official is 250 data. I'll also asked them to check the suspension springs to see if the former installation is ok. Somehow I was wondering why the springs don't drop as much as expected. An actual measurement against the official data should clarify the doubt.

that looks great tango,are you taking your 250 to japfest ? :)

That's the plan..although it looks a bit strange at the moment as the sides are tinted but not the rear. Waiting for the back screen to come out for the roof panel to be resprayed in a couple of weeks so I can take it to TintR and finish the job. Much easier to do it off the car (and cheaper) and may as well take advantage of the situation due to the unfortunate dint in the roof :angry:

hey tango

you dont know me mate i'm a newbie on here, i picked up my IS 250 SE MM last friday (luv it) i was just reading your post about your tints. I live in nottingham and have just come back from Richards place (tintr) i asked him if it was the first IS 250 he has done and he said "no funnily enough i did one this week (first one) the bloke came all the way from gloucester and he's coming back because he's got a tiny little dint on the roof and he's gotta have the front and back screen out to get it repaired", he said i hope the rear screen is out when you come as its a b***ard to do. sorry mate thought it was dead spooky listening to richards story then joining this forum and reading it. good bloke richard very professional he's done 3 cars for me now always a good job. Very nice car you have there mate as well thats what i'm working towards, wheels are next know any decent places let me know. cheers mate.

What sort of price are TintR wanting and is it for both sides and rear from the b piller and rear?

I have used TintR in the past but more recentley used a company in Derby who are now on Pride Park.

What sort of price are TintR wanting and is it for both sides and rear from the b piller and rear?

Mine was both sides in front of and behind the 'B' pillar plus the rear screen in Lumar metallised film for 200 notes...probably a little cheaper because Richard of TintR doesn't have to dismantle the rear parcel shelf etc.

Mine was both sides in front of and behind the 'B' pillar plus the rear screen in Lumar metallised film for 200 notes...probably a little cheaper because Richard of TintR doesn't have to dismantle the rear parcel shelf etc.

Thanks for that Tango thats what i was quoted in Derby. Ive decided to only go from the B pillar backwards so i will give him a call next week for a price because i do rate his work.

P.S at this rate we should get a LOC discount! :)

Thanks for that Tango thats what i was quoted in Derby. Ive decided to only go from the B pillar backwards so i will give him a call next week for a price because i do rate his work.

mine was 225 for all 4 plus back but that is with rear screen in situ and as tango said its a bitch to do but all went well and looks fine.

mine was 225 for all 4 plus back but that is with rear screen in situ and as tango said its a bitch to do but all went well and looks fine.

How's about a cut & shut Coupe... :D :blush:

cutshutxs5.jpg

How's about a cut & shut Coupe... :D :blush:

cutshutxs5.jpg

Now thats what I call a Coupe. If only they would make on of them!!

JT where did you get quoted in Derby? I had my last car done at smart tints in Derby a couple years ago. They do reallly good work. When I went to pick up my car they were doing a brand new bmw 645i convertible for the dealer. If Ihadnt already made my mind up to use them, this was reccomendation enough for me. That and the fact I loved the job they did on my car. If you havent already done yours your more than welcome to come see what mine looks like 2+ yrs later.

JT where did you get quoted in Derby? I had my last car done at smart tints in Derby a couple years ago. They do reallly good work. When I went to pick up my car they were doing a brand new bmw 645i convertible for the dealer. If Ihadnt already made my mind up to use them, this was reccomendation enough for me. That and the fact I loved the job they did on my car. If you havent already done yours your more than welcome to come see what mine looks like 2+ yrs later.

I think it was Smart Tint. They did my previous car an X-Type Jag and Van and did a great job. At the time they were based near the old Baseball Ground but if it is the same place they are moving or moved by now to Pride Park.

So Delexus do you live in Derby itself?

I think it was Smart Tint. They did my previous car an X-Type Jag and Van and did a great job. At the time they were based near the old Baseball Ground but if it is the same place they are moving or moved by now to Pride Park.

So Delexus do you live in Derby itself?

Yeah thats them. I didnt know they were moving tho. I plan to tint out front and back passenger windows when I take delivery of my car in september. Not planning on tinting rear window though as I dont think its nessarary with the sunblind. I have this set up currently on my Vauxhall omega and it works very well for me. I think its the best of both worlds. J.T any reason your lookin elsewhere?

I love that tanabe exhaust tango i am in the middle of ordering one myself but its not easy in australia

just how many of you guys have the tanabe exhaust.

One more thing also ****ty that lexus does not give us the IS350 and to europe.

I would have bought one straight off instead of the IS250 if both available at the same time. cheers from AUSTRALIA

I love that tanabe exhaust tango i am in the middle of ordering one myself but its not easy in australia

just how many of you guys have the tanabe exhaust.

One more thing also ****ty that lexus does not give us the IS350 and to europe.

I would have bought one straight off instead of the IS250 if both available at the same time. cheers from AUSTRALIA

Hi Gary, welcome to LOC UK :D The Tanabe system came from Japan through an importer in the UK. Is there a problem in importing Japanese goods to Oz? Would have though that due to the proximity it would have been easier (and quicker). As far as I'm aware mine is the first in the UK, certainly the first one imported by the Tanabe agent I used. Plenty in the USA though and there are two or three alternatives to the Tanabe system although in the end you get what you pay for and the Tanabe is good quality, is reasonably quiet and doesn't make outrageous bhp gains that it doesn't back up with dyno charts.

Re. your second point, I couldn't agree more, especially after driving the IS350 in the US....

• 1 year later...

Hi Tango,

I'm in the process of purchasing an IS250 and looking at doing a few mods. Probably looking to get the SE version then get the styling kit added and then purchase some 19s.

Im not to sure whether to go for an exhaust. For the past 5years had nothing but very loud sporty exhausts. Especially with my previous car being a Subaru Impreza. I couldnt even hear the missus chatting to me in the car with that exhaust.. Wasn't a bad thing i suppose if you think about it :D

Anyway.. Have you got any videos of your exhaust on your car? With it running on idle then how it sounds on revving? Think i'd like it to be pretty quiet but have that sporty rasp when you plant the pedal !

Sorry if you get the question a thousand times!

Regards

Lee

Hi Tango,

I'm in the process of purchasing an IS250 and looking at doing a few mods. Probably looking to get the SE version then get the styling kit added and then purchase some 19s.

Im not to sure whether to go for an exhaust. For the past 5years had nothing but very loud sporty exhausts. Especially with my previous car being a Subaru Impreza. I couldnt even hear the missus chatting to me in the car with that exhaust.. Wasn't a bad thing i suppose if you think about it :D

Anyway.. Have you got any videos of your exhaust on your car? With it running on idle then how it sounds on revving? Think i'd like it to be pretty quiet but have that sporty rasp when you plant the pedal !

Sorry if you get the question a thousand times!

Regards

Lee

Lee,

I do not have any vids or soundclips of mine, but it isn't a noisy system. The OEM is rated around 84db and the Tanabe Medallion Touring system I have is still under 93db. The only additional noise inside the cab is a low drone at motorway cruising speeds that wasn't there with the OEM but it's not intrusive and the car is still incredibly quiet inside. People say nice things about the sound of the exhaust from outside the car, but as I'm driving I guess I miss out. I have a few intake mods which probably make a little more noise on acceleration than the exhaust, as heard from inside the car anyway. :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links