Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Son Has Been Burgled

peter026

On Wed got a phone call from my son, he'd been burgled. Got home from work, and the place was wrecked.

They took his PC, DVD player and DVDs Digital Hi-Fi he had just bought his partner. his watch, which was an expensive Seiko kinetic all singing all dancing one I had bought him for his 21st.

All his partners jewelery.

They didn't take the TV or his PSP, but took 2 pairs of used trainers and a suitcase to put the stuff in

Yesterday the forensic guys came, and today the police arrested and charged a young couple with numerous burglaries.

The police are hoping that they will go down for 4 Years, but expect they will only get 18 months, even though they have previous convictions

So a very quick result, well done Avon and Somerset Police.

None of his property was found, so insurance will have to be told and given the full list of stolen or damaged items, but it still does not replace those things of sentimental value

Like you say Peter, good they got caught and hopefully will "go down" and hopefully for a long time, but we all know that won't happen.

But how can you replace things with sentimental value, sure insurance will buy you a new one but it won't be the same. Not to mention the violation of your son's (and his partners) personal space.

Could go on a rant about respect and values but what's the point, this country is a cess pit.

So a very quick result, well done Avon and Somerset Police.

None of his property was found, so insurance will have to be told and given the full list of stolen or damaged items, but it still does not replace those things of sentimental value

Sorry to hear that Peter, but as you say well done to the Avon and Somerset force..a result for a change.

Also shows how quick stuff must be turned around..must be a ready market for the stolen gear as it obviously wasn't put on eBay :duh: . Pity the market for stolen goods can't be removed...can't fathom the trainers though :huh:

That's excellent news that they got caught.

I've been burgled 3 times. Nothing of any value taken (I don't have anything) but sentimental stuff like my Grandads war medals and my 18th and 21st birthday presents from my Dad.

If I caught any in my house, I wouldn't trouble the police about it - they would be dealt with properly. If they got out alive - it certainly wouldn't be with the same amount of limbs they came in with :angry:

Slip the coppers a few quid and find out the perps names and addresses.

Then go and exact retribution...

Already got their names, going to wait the court outcome and take it from there.

Hopfully Court will not disappoint and you will get some closure. I wouldn't hold my breath though - if I were a betting man, I'd put money of some sort of Community Sentance rather than a custodial sentance.

Obviously sorry to hear about the incident...

Hopfully Court will not disappoint and you will get some closure. I wouldn't hold my breath though - if I were a betting man, I'd put money of some sort of Community Sentance rather than a custodial sentance.

Obviously sorry to hear about the incident...

Yeah a community sentence. That'll stop the buggers doing it again *sigh*