Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Did The Deal Yesterday

Ian M

Greetings, all. Just message to say thanks for the useful information on the site and to introduce myself.

A few weeks ago, I started out looking for either a 3 series or an A4, having not even considered Lexus. My local Audi dealer seemed entirely uninterested in selling me anything. I had to go and ask for the keys to a used A4 on their forecourt, and was told that everyone was busy just at the moment; could I come back in an hour? The odd thing was, I couldn’t see any customers……

When I went to look at another A4 on the forecourt of a Toyota dealer, I took a walk next door and looked at Lexus, more out of interest than any real sense that this might be for me. The dealer experience was fantastic. I was quickly greeted in a very professional, but still friendly manner and soon got to look at an IS200 which was well within my budget. Nice car, but with a manual box and I’m afraid that I am more of an auto fan. I then had a look at an IS300 and liked the extra power!

So, Lexus became a possibility and I started looking much more seriously at them. Your web site helped me build a picture of the cars and it didn’t take much thinking to decide that they were better equipped than a corresponding German machine, probably more reliable but a bit smaller inside although that isn’t an issue these days.

Within a couple of weeks, I had driven 3 more and yesterday put down my deposit on an IS 300 SportCross – 2004 on a “54” plate with a very low mileage. You guys know that it’s loaded with all the toys anyone could ever need and has a really lovely engine to shove it all about. The only downside is that it’s white – not the best colour for this sort of car, and I am sure that it will be an absolute sod to keep clean, but since I tend to keep my cars for years (I’ve had my trusty old Accord for 8½ years now and before that my Rover 220 was a surprisingly reliable car), I’m not too bothered about the resale value. I’m looking forward to collecting the Lexus on May 8th.

Hope to get to know you all better as I settle in to Lexus ownership.

Ian

Thanks for the welcomes, folks.

So would that be the one 3k on the clock then? Lady owner if i remember correctly.

Who was the salesman?

Yup, just 3k on the clock, effectively a brand new car. Lexus serviced every 12 months.

Alistair was the salesman - I made him work for his money, though!

Yup, just 3k on the clock, effectively a brand new car. Lexus serviced every 12 months.

Alistair was the salesman - I made him work for his money, though!

It did looked well in white.

They are a top bunch at Derby so iam sure they would have looked after you.

Welcome :D i dont think ive ever seen is300 sportcross in white :D

Niether have I...

Get a few pictures posted Ian!

I shall do so, as soon as it's mine - only a week to wait!

Welcome Mate, you made the right choice. Strangely I had an Accord to, seems quite a few owners have owned Hondas before.

Cheers Mark

hey thats spooky i had an accord before the lex :D