Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Media System Cd Track Listings

Wonder if anyone could help please and if possible give a step by step guie on how to get the track listings to appear on the IS250 screen. Every time I put a CD in there is no tracks listed. Do you have to do this manually or will it only work on copied CD? Can anyone help with this please

Thanks in advance

Somebody must know.....surely?

Most, if not all, commercially produced CDs do not contain the track info. If you rip the cd into iTunes or Media Player and then burn a new copy, making sure you've selected whatever option is necessary to save extended information, the track info should display on the MM system

I have all my albums on the hard drive in folders (all MP3) and using simple drag and drop in Roxio 8/Data Disc I create a CD and it works a treat.

Thats what I do as well, except I use Windows Media Player 11 to arrange them all into playlists etc, then burn them, using the data mode in WMP. Works a treat, and even supports mixing WMA and MP3 files on one CD.

So far i have 5 1/2 CD's in the car, about 1000 songs. :D

I have all my albums on the hard drive in folders (all MP3) and using simple drag and drop in Roxio 8/Data Disc I create a CD and it works a treat.

Have a 2006 is250; I've used a CD burner (Sonic) to do this and noticed that only the first 8 characters of the track appears on the display, even though the file name is the full name of the song. Any ideas on why this happens?

I just bought Neil Young's Live at Massey Hall and it displays the full CD name as well as the full track name - so I know the display is capable of showing more than 8 characters.

thanks

Have a 2006 is250; I've used a CD burner (Sonic) to do this and noticed that only the first 8 characters of the track appears on the display, even though the file name is the full name of the song. Any ideas on why this happens?

I just bought Neil Young's Live at Massey Hall and it displays the full CD name as well as the full track name - so I know the display is capable of showing more than 8 characters.

thanks

You need to change the file system settings in Sonic. You have it set to use 8.3 names which is DOS standard i.e filename.txt, you need to use a filesystem that allows long file names (255 max)

not sure where the settings are within Sonic, as I use Nero Now, have a look at the online help

Darren

I notice quite a few of you are talking about using burnt CDs in the car, is it not still a case that Lexus void your warranty on the media system if they CD changer jams when you have a burnt CD in it?? I prefered burning disks in case I was broken into and I did not want to lose my originals, however, I was put off when I found out my warranty would be voided! So I brought an ipod instead.

I notice quite a few of you are talking about using burnt CDs in the car, is it not still a case that Lexus void your warranty on the media system if they CD changer jams when you have a burnt CD in it??

I hope not....'m sure the manual states that it is compatible with CD-r and DVD-r?

Check out page 204 which implies you should not use CD-r with Copy protected files.... :huh:

and then page 212 which states you can use CD-r for MP3/WMA :blink:

Yeah, one of my ex girlfriends used to be a centre host at a Lexus garage and she told me on the IS200 they were rejecting warranty claims as people were using CDr's in their cars! These were warranty jobs where they had jammed the changer however.