Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Meguiars

Hey guys,

As a long-term user of Meguiars gold class car care products, I have thought about using the Meguairs Deep Crystal range instead. Has anyone ever tried a back to back experiment of these products before? If so, which one is the better one? The Meguiars car care prescription suggests using the deep crystal stuff but I'm just after a second opinion before I try it.

Keith

I use MacG gold class shampoo & conditioner to wash. And I have used the deep crystal steps 1,2 & 3 to impressive effect. Just washed the car & used the stage 2 polish at the weekend & I think the car looks good. Good products for the price.

Only just read this thread :)

It depends on the condition of your paintwork really m8.

If it looks in need of a polish then do it (stage 2) then use the Stage 3 wax or if you have it the Tech wax :D

Both of which i have had very good results with.

If you want to be a saddo and have a few hours to kill clay Bar the car they are £12.99 from all good stockists (all of it windows lights the lot!!!!)To do this wash your car ( using tech wash or gold class shampoo rinse it then use a fine water spray all over your car and along with the supplied lube do the whole car pressing very lightly on the clay you will feel and hear the areas that need more attention just give them a few goes untill the clay remains clean).

After you have done this apply the stage 1, then 2 then 3.

Also make sure you use decent applicators and Microfibres are best to final buff.

I use a terry towel to lightly take off the product then finish with a microfibre for an Uber shine :D

This has worked well for me as the peeps that have seen my car will agree!!!

Dont forget this aint a quick process and will take time and effort, as they say Rome wasnt built in day :D

Any thing i can help you with PM me

Good luck and enjoy

Dave aka Bulldog

just read this thread myself, have to agree with aztecbandit, bulldog had the cleanest car on the day with an excellent finish, i reckon bulldog should call round to my to gaff and clay bar my ride :D

Went into Halfords today after I got over the brakes failing. Got a Seat Almena ( or something like that ) hire car, and they are doing 3 for 2 on Car Cleaning products including Meguiars. So you can get Crystal 3 step for 2 x £7.99 if they have them all in stock. A bargain.

• 3 months later...

Just recently bought a Meguiars bargain bucket off E-bay, containing the Deep Crystal 3 step polishes and the clay Bar with detailing Spray, also included was tyre dressing Gel and Glass Cleaner. The paintwork on our Lexus is 6 years old and I have previously used Autoglym resin polish but was never really taken with the finished result. I used the Claybar and detailing Spray and could not beleive the result. The paint was transfered from a rough sandpaper like texture to a smooth glass like surface. After using the other products in conjuntion with a porta cable orbital polisher, the car has been transformed and the paintwork now has a mirror/wet look to it. Would definately recommend mequiars products for Lexus detailing.

I fancy getting myself a Porter Cable orbital polisher. There was some that came up on eBay a while ago for £120 but I didn't buy one. I keep my eyes open for them in shops but they're really expensive. Mind you, it knackers your fingers giving the car a good polish so it's all relative. Where did you get yours from Moody?

Keith

I fancy getting myself a Porter Cable orbital polisher. There was some that came up on ebay a while ago for £120 but I didn't buy one. I keep my eyes open for them in shops but they're really expensive. Mind you, it knackers your fingers giving the car a good polish so it's all relative. Where did you get yours from Moody?

Keith

Hi Keith

Got mine from eBay on a buy it now. £130 with 5x Sonus polishing/buffing pads.Only problem is the porter cable comes with an American 2-pin plug 110 volt socket.Buyer also supplied 2pin to 3pin 110v British type extension lead for £20 so as not to viod warranty by cutting off the 2pin plug.You just need to get hold of a 110v transformer and jobs a good 'un.