Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has He Been Charged Right

Hi All.

My dads lexus went for its 2nd service this year, just done over 20,000 miles.

My mum took it down to stockport, where they charged her £484 pounds for a service and front brake pads. My dad just thought this was a little steep, as the service was £158 + materials ie oils and all the usaul stuff. He was also not impressed when they told him he had 3 illegal tyres, and a quick trip to cosco found out he had 2 illegal and one with 3 months left on :(

Thanks all, he just want to know if he has been over charged.

Rant over!

Hi All.

My dads lexus went for its 2nd service this year, just done over 20,000 miles.

My mum took it down to stockport, where they charged her £484 pounds for a service and front brake pads. My dad just thought this was a little steep, as the service was £158 + materials ie oils and all the usaul stuff. He was also not impressed when they told him he had 3 illegal tyres, and a quick trip to cosco found out he had 2 illegal and one with 3 months left on :(

Thanks all, he just want to know if he has been over charged.

Rant over!

Thats Lexus stockport for you :blink:

I was charged £119 for the 1st service :o and they didn't even do it :angry:

It is on the high side for just putting the pads in extra :o

As an untrusting and sad old git I always mark my filters so I know whether they have been changed, so far so good.

I dont think £240ish was excessive for a 20000 mile service. I would have questioned the brake pads and asked them to show me how worn they were.

As for the tyres they will say they are illegal as they would not last the 10000 miles to the next service.

:D :D :D