Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Skid Control

WylieCoyote

Hey guys,

As an ex advanced driving instructor, I have access to the Police Skid Pad at Hixon in Staffs. For a charge, they will hire out the pad and provide skid control training to people like us! If anyone is interested in a session, let me know. I'd need 10 bookings. I'm pretty sure that the cost is around £48 per person. For that you get half an hour behind the wheel and half an hour as a passenger. You drive FWD, RWD, ABS and non ABS cars on a circular grease pad in and out of cones and what not. I've been there loads of times before, it's great fun. It used to cost around 38 quid for a 20 minute session so it's not bad value now.

If anyone's interested, stick your names down on the replies and I'll try to sort a date out - likely at start of June on a saturday.

Keith

1. lee_iceman

Only up the road from me :) definatly up for this. Trying to think whereabouts in hixon the skid pan is though. I know they try out police chases on the airfield :)

B******s!! I've just read the post.. June is not so good for me either.. Isle of Wight festival beginning and Glastonbury festival at the end.. Middle of June is good :)

Edited by johnboy1

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, if we do a count.

1, WylieCoyote

2, Lee_Iceman

3, Gord

4, Adie

5, Jamie

6, Bazza

7, Janey

8, Rikos

9, Vyker

10, Monster-Mat

11, SparkyStav

12, Yaumeister ?

13, P38Aaron ?

Think we should have enough interest in this. Best thing to do Keith is get a few weekend dates and so a poll see which is the most popular :)

Right guys (and gals to be politically correct!)

I'm back from the mort and ready to start putting some stuff together for this. I'll put 3 weekend dates on the forum over the next couple of days - just as soon as I know my shifts for Aug. Gives everyone plenty of time to plan ahead. Keep your eyes peeled and I'll let you know what dates I have in mind.

Keith

Right then.

Skid pad. I'm just waiting for dates and availability and exact prices to arrive in the post (last time I went there it was around 40 quid per person but may have changed). I've had a bit of a thought (dangerous I know). Instead of having the LOC meet in Redditch on the 5th and then trying to find another date for the skid pad, why not combine the two. It would mean two meets in Stafford quite close to each other but hey ho. What are people's thoughts on this? Let me know here or on the New Meet forum or send me a pm.

Keep checking for updates, new stuff turns up daily!

Hope you're all having fun.

Keith

• 3 months later...