Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone sourced a good kit for nokia phones to connect to the Lexus RX300 (04) standard stereo system? In previous cars I have used a kit that connects the phone to the car stereo, automatically mutes and then uses the stereo as the speakers.

Anyone tried this with the Lexus?

Thanks

I have a Nokia car kit in my RX. Was installed by works phone suppliers T-Mobile.

Unfortunately been stuck with the same old promlem of not having it mute as the installer either didn't know how to mute through the stereo/sat nav or was too scared.

The speaker is well hidden though, the cradle is fine, albeit there is a very small gap in the facia where the cable goes through.

The guy that installed mine managed to mute the stereo but the sound had come from a hidden speaker. Since then Ive spoke to a chap I know at Mobile Solutions in Derby who said there was a new ISO lead for a Lexus which will enable both mute and the sound to come from the car speakers but its not cheap @£80.

I have a Nokia car kit in my RX. Was installed by works phone suppliers T-Mobile.

Unfortunately been stuck with the same old promlem of not having it mute as the installer either didn't know how to mute through the stereo/sat nav or was too scared.

The speaker is well hidden though, the cradle is fine, albeit there is a very small gap in the facia where the cable goes through.

I had a Nokia car kit fitted in my 2003 RX by a guy which does them for Lexus Bracknell. I did it direct and saved a bundle. as far as I know, he is the only person who knows how to do this which does not mess the sta nav, it mutes the radio etc and comes through the speakers. So it can be done properly and he has been doing them for years for Lexus.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you send me his details? I need to get this sorted.

Thanks

I had a Nokia car kit fitted in my 2003 RX by a guy which does them for Lexus Bracknell. I did it direct and saved a bundle. as far as I know, he is the only person who knows how to do this which does not mess the sta nav, it mutes the radio etc and comes through the speakers. So it can be done properly and he has been doing them for years for Lexus.

Could you send me his details? I need to get this sorted.

Thanks

His name is Bob and his number is 07973 381313.