Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car "mop"

After the car has been sprayed / resprayed or just a wing etc its then mopped. This is using a polisher and a kind of polish. I'm not sure what sort it is but obviously its the proper trade sort. It brings the paintwork up to a great shine and brings the paint colour out more whilst removing minor marks and also protecting it.

funny u should bring this up. i had my car done today!! its only a rubbing compound that is applied using a electric polisher. takes a layer of paint off i suppose and brings the paint back to showroom finish. takes all the swirl marks out from poor car washing and suchlike.

it was a mate that done it for me and he only charged £30 (but i gave him £40) washed all the car down after and gave it a final polish aswell i think. sorted all the tyres out with a tyre wall cleaner and made them shiny. car looks the nuts now.

just waiting to pick the front bumper up tommorow from the plastic welders(removing recess behind number plate) then having the bonnet and bumper sprayed.