Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash

rat ls 400

when i turn on the ing the dash lights up for 1/2 second and then goes black :duh: (you hear a realy click), all the gauges work, think the petrol gauge mite read low is there a easy fix for this .

There is a fix for this problem and the fuel gauge if you can solder or contact Chris Vince on the LS400 forum.

Does the dash light when you been in the car for a while?

At last another Celsior owner!

Cheers,

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
could i put a dash out of a ls 400 in my Celsior and would that take out the speed limator so it would do more than 112 mph , would this goose my ecu or any other stuff like that :shutit:

As far as I know the LS dash is the same but the limiter is not located within the dash panel.

You can get delimiter units/speedo conversion kits mine was done before purchase but let me know if you want contact details for the company.

Cheers,

Steve

• 1 month later...
Ok that saves money try this link for more details

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...400+dash+repair

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve. You seem to know a bit about dash lights, I wonder if my similar problem has a quick fix! My dash is perfect except for the radio that wont light up! Radio works great,all the display is ok, it just wont light up which not only spoils the lovely Dash it is impossible to see the track, volume buttons etc. Please tell me you know how to fix it! Is there a bulb behind there or fibre optic?

It is 1997P LS400. I just bought it on fleebay,120000 Miles. I know nothing about it but it seems a lovely car. Would be fantastic to get all those buttons around the radio lit up. I'm unable to spend fortunes on it but would a few quid is ok. Apart from that I would not have a clue how to take it out anyway. but I bet its not t difficult. Have a Great Day. Djdon