Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Audio Instal Issues With Is200se

Hi all,

Had a little look and didn't find the information I needed so apologies if this problem has been covered a lot previously. A car audio company in the Maidstone area has told me that they need to look at my car before they can agree to install a replacement because they say that it's possible on some models that they may not be able to do anything at all!

Whilst conceding this may be the case, I just thought that since there are some pretty knowledgable people on here someone may know how I could identify if I have one of these unmodifiable cars, and wherever there any options at all for me should it be the case that this firm can do nothing for me.

I would be extremely grateful for any help that any of you could throw my way, so kindest regards,

Nev

nothing is impossible and many users have changed their car stereos on this forum.

The S is a simple job, just needs a cable. the SE and SPORT models have a seperate amp, and its a case of either ripping the whole lot out and using some new rear speakers or there was some talk of an expensive cable that was being sold on eBay to connect a standard ISO to the Lexus's amp etc.

either way, a new sound system can be fitted to your car as long as your willing to spend.

Hi,

I had my car install done last week, all went smoothly.

RESEARCH + PLANNING ARE THE KEY.

I also have an IS200SE. What do you want to do ?

A new Head Unit, or an Amp or the whole lot replaced ?

The problem with the Lexus Stereo in the SE model is that it

has it's own amp, and the rear 6x9's are BI-Wired to the Amp

and cant be reused.Also the Lexus Head Unit has no pre-out RCAs.

I am in Bromley and if you get up this way you can see the results

(I will be trying to post some pictures of my install on the forum).

Message me and I'll message u back my number and I'll give u

any info or email pictures u need . (I have word docs, and pictures to

show most things being Dissaembled or Replaced etc).

Read my signature to see what is in my system... It's AWESOME !! B)

Regards

Wozza

PS HERES SOME PHOTOS OF MY INSTALL , message me if u want any info

Take a look at this

link

It is now really easy in the SE and Sport models. This lead just bypasses the amp and uses your OEM speakers. But as mentioned if you like playing you music loud then your best bet is to rip everything out and start a fresh.

As you can see from the thread though I have had it in for 5 months with the original OEM speakers and have had no problems.

If you just want to install a new head unit but keep the rest of the speakers there is a cable availiable off eBay which attaches to the plug going into the amp from the speakers and then into your stereo.

Its all explained here:

Clicky

If you want to change the lot. PM me your email address across and i'll send a load of documents across showing you how to change the speakers and get the stereo out and everything.

Stav

LOL all jumped in at the same time!

If you just want to install a new head unit but keep the rest of the speakers there is a cable availiable off Ebay which attaches to the plug going into the amp from the speakers and then into your stereo.

Its all explained here:

Clicky

If you want to change the lot. PM me your email address across and i'll send a load of documents across showing you how to change the speakers and get the stereo out and everything.

Stav

LOL all jumped in at the same time!

Does this cable work if you have standard sat/nav :question:

nothing is impossible and many users have changed their car stereos on this forum.

The S is a simple job, just needs a cable. the SE and SPORT models have a seperate amp, and its a case of either ripping the whole lot out and using some new rear speakers or there was some talk of an expensive cable that was being sold on ebay to connect a standard ISO to the Lexus's amp etc.

either way, a new sound system can be fitted to your car as long as your willing to spend.

Thanks for all the responses from everyone, your experience is definitely going to help me get some things clear in my head.

As it is an SE model that I have, it looks like the eBay cable is the way to go, for now.

The other problem is apparently getting hold of a fascia blanking plate to reduce the hole to single Din size, I'm LED to believe.

Presumably, the car audio place I enquired about is not quite inventive enough to sort these problems out so I need to look for somewhere more adaptable maybe.

I'm trying to wade through the help that everyone else has offered in this thread, and as there's been so much of it, I will take a bit of time to digest it all, so thanks once again to everybody and please don't be offended if it looks like I've ignored your offer of help.

hay nev where abouts in trashford are you,

Its not a simple job but it can be done.... i have had it done in mine.

Hi mate,

I'm on Park Farm, and maybe you could tell me about your install and where it was done, if it was all local, that could be a great help, cheers mate.

Nev

Hi,

I had my car install done last week, all went smoothly.

RESEARCH + PLANNING ARE THE KEY.

I also have an IS200SE. What do you want to do ?

A new Head Unit, or an Amp or the whole lot replaced ?

The problem with the Lexus Stereo in the SE model is that it

has it's own amp, and the rear 6x9's are BI-Wired to the Amp

and cant be reused.Also the Lexus Head Unit has no pre-out RCAs.

I am in Bromley and if you get up this way you can see the results

(I will be trying to post some pictures of my install on the forum).

Message me and I'll message u back my number and I'll give u

any info or email pictures u need . (I have word docs, and pictures to

show most things being Dissaembled or Replaced etc).

message me if u want any info

Thanks very much for the info and offer of help. I looked at the pics of your install, which seems to be nicely done mate. As regards speakers, you've probably got a lot more than I would ever need! :D

I actually have a 4 year old Alpine head unit that cost about £450 then, and also an MP3 6 disc changer for the boot, and if I could get those into this car without the head unit looking dwarfed in the space available (I like your setup where it looks like you get a little cubbyhole below the head unit), I would be happy, for now. Whilst I have some good gear on my home system, I don't feel the need for too much in the car, my posing days are over, so I think the standard speakers would suffice, so long as I'm getting the best out of them and they aren't being starved of power.

It's looking like I need to find someone who can use one of these magic cables off eBay to connect my head unit to the standard amp, then install and connect the MP3 changer into the boot, and finally mount the head unit in to a space twice as big as I need it to be with some sort of blanking plate, that doesn't look stupid.

Hopefully, that's do-able, what do you think?

Cheers for your help,

Nev

The other problem is apparently getting hold of a fascia blanking plate to reduce the hole to single Din size, I'm LED to believe.

Hi Nev,

please look at my post, HERE there are part numbers there for the 2 facias that I know will fit,

also pictures of mine (Autoleads modded by me) that was fitted last week.

I have pictures not posted, send me a PM with your email and I can send anything u need.

regards

Wozza