Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just noticed my alarm is not working properly.

It is activating when it is triggered, flashing indicators and flashing when de-activated to inform you that it has been triggered, but is just not sounding the horn.

Horn is working properly though.

Anybody got some pointers where I should start looking?

Thanks,

Steve J.

Thanks for that fellas.

If it is seperate from the horn, Having not heard it, is it a siren or horn type?

Don't suppose anybody could set their alarm off and give us a clue as to where to start looking?

Will probably try to bottom it on Sunday afternoon.

Cheers,

Steve J.

• 3 weeks later...

Still not found this alarm siren. Just been under the bonnet for about 40mins trying to locate the blighter after it's weekly slap & tickle with the soap and chamois leather, but can't find anything remotely like an alarm module.

RandyR, the PM you sent, I've unfortunetely deleted all my messages (including the one about your alarm), but wasn't yours on the n/s inner-wing? Checked both sides on mine with negative results.

I'm guessing now that it may have been ripped-out to make room for LPG pipes if it was in that location.

The rest of the system is functioning correctly (relay is clicking under dash & lights flashing etc.), so I'm sure I will be able to tap into the existing relay with an aftermarket siren or the like, but I would just like to confirm that there is a problem with my factory one first, if anyone can help.

Thanks,

Steve J.

Set my alarm off when I got my GS300MK2 so I'd know what to listen out for if someone tried to break in. It sounded like a normal alarm siren, but I could also hear tooting of the horn (not sure if it was the horn behind the radiator grille, or a different one).

Thanks James.

This could be why I can't find 'it' , if 'it' is in fact the horn (which I can see when the bonnet is up)

It has been suggested that the horn is seperate though, so I'm still in limbo on this one.

Off to work shortly, so it's looking like a bit more of a thorough root next weekend.

Steve.

My alarm horn is fitted on the nearside inner wing but my car is a 94 model. On the one that I got my parts from, the alarm siren was located inside the drivers side front wheel arch, pretty much under the air filter assembly. You have to take the wheel arch liner off to gain access. This was a 97 model and one of the last MK1s. Good luck. :P

Thanx Paul,

Mine's a 97 model also, which is now more likely why I can't find the bleeder.

don't know if I can be ars*d ripping off the inner wing liner.

Might have to weave some majic on the old 'lecky bodging' front with the old relay & new siren.

Just for info, those 'very nice man' pics from jac show the relay under the steering wheel dash. When mine is activated, I can hear a relay clicking behind the glove box (n/s).

Did you get anywhere near this side of the alarm during your 'upgrade' to firm up where the relay or brains where?

Cheers,

Steve J.

Im scared to look under my dash now steve in case anything else is missing. :o

Its easy to remove the arch liner. All the srews are self tappers. It gives you a chance to remove any mud thats got itself trapped under there as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links