Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Raising Suspension On My Is200 Sport

Hi guys,

I have a Lexus IS200 sport and i recently just fitted the vizage body kit on it, but the front lip is too low and its nearly making it impossible to drive over speedhumps or parking next to high kerbs. Does anybody know a cheap way or any way to raise the suspension of the car? Thanks

Hi guys,

I have a Lexus IS200 sport and i recently just fitted the vizage body kit on it, but the front lip is too low and its nearly making it impossible to drive over speedhumps or parking next to high kerbs. Does anybody know a cheap way or any way to raise the suspension of the car? Thanks

Cheap way is to get a set of SE springs that will raise you about 15mm, expensive option is coilovers.

Another option is fit larger alloys as they seem to raise the height of the car somewhat too :)

As Neil says the normal springs is the cheapest option though :)

Spring assistors sound good, but i was just looking them up on the net and it said they mostly used for rear suspension when towing or heavy loads. Would it work in my front suspension as well beacuse thats where my problem is, the front lip way too low, the side skirts and rear lip i can get away with.. I would be interested in the SE springs but how much are you looking at to get for them. Because i think i would need both as i dont think 15mm would be enough to stop it from hitting. Also does anyone know if 20" wheels would fit on it after getting this done or would i have to stick to 19" max?

I think 20s do fit, but in my opinion they're just too big for the car - 18/19 look the best

From the sounds of it, you're front bumper must be very low indeed - I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of it too :)

Spring assistors sound good, but i was just looking them up on the net and it said they mostly used for rear suspension when towing or heavy loads. Would it work in my front suspension as well beacuse thats where my problem is, the front lip way too low, the side skirts and rear lip i can get away with.. I would be interested in the SE springs but how much are you looking at to get for them. Because i think i would need both as i dont think 15mm would be enough to stop it from hitting. Also does anyone know if 20" wheels would fit on it after getting this done or would i have to stick to 19" max?

Wouldnt have thought theres a great deal of difference between the front and back-and i have seen them advertised for use on cars that have been lowered too much.

As for the 20" rims i think iv seen it done once before, but i believe there was some arch modifications required for them, so 19's might be easier- i know some people on here have them...