Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have the Auto IS250 and I quite often get passengers moan at me about the launch of my car when I nip out of a junction from standstill. I find these cars get off the mark really quickly, which I love, but I have had 3 people now say it hurt their neck when I booted it. So I have got into the habit of saying brace yourself! LOL

99% of the time I am totally smooth, well the car is driven lightly, it is just that occasion on a busy junction or round about where you want to use the cars capabilities to get off the mark and you brake your passengers necks.

Does anyone else find this?

Think about it logically mate its gonna be the same in any car, thats why they come with headrest, so the passenger can rest their head and then there will be no jerking

Having had a 220d and now have a 250 Auto I can categorically say you DON'T get whiplash when trying to do a quick gettaway in the 220d.

Something to do with the gearing and fuel, IMHO.

Think about it logically mate its gonna be the same in any car, thats why they come with headrest, so the passenger can rest their head and then there will be no jerking

Having had a 220d and now have a 250 Auto I can categorically say you DON'T get whiplash when trying to do a quick gettaway in the 220d.

You do in a BMW 330d Sport lads :winky:

Getting only 36.6mpg average out of my Dec05 220d, so I am also thinking about changing to a 250 auto, it can't be much worse and I wont have to change gear!

The 220d can get a pretty good start if you get the launch right, I have not managed it too often, but when I have it surprised me. My passenger always complains of whiplash in my other car a V8 auto 5.0L Porsche 928, now that has a serious lauch speed off the line.

I was next to an Audi yesterday, and that really went, I guess he had a DSG on his 3.0Tdi

I must admit, I have had some pretty seriously quick motors and the launch of the IS250 auto is very good! It really gets off the mark, but I find myself warning the passengers if I feel the urge....

I also get moaned at for cr4p driving, which should not be possible with an auto.

Now my Fireblade I can understand people getting upset about the launch, LOL!!