Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spark Plugs

Moffet

Hey guys

Getting a supercharger fitted soon :D (haven't actually arranged a date yet though!) but want to get it serviced first since that's coming up anyway, including the timing belt being changed since the car is over 6 years old now. I know the supercharger should have Denso iridium IK22 instead of IK20 spark plugs, so I was just wondering if I should get these and have them fitted while I'm getting it serviced.

They will be okay on a standard IS200 won't they? And if anyone knows any better places to get them please post up.

Cheers.

The IK22s will be fine on a standard car though, won't they? I will have them a week or two before the s/c is fitted so just want to make sure they will be ok.

The IK22s will be fine on a standard car though, won't they? I will have them a week or two before the s/c is fitted so just want to make sure they will be ok.

they should be fine, it's only an increase of one in the heat range. The plugs may foul up a little if you are only doing very short journeys.

Why not just take them with you when you having s/c fitted, and ask steve to pop them in for you :D

ps. have you rang Steve to sort date for fitting yet mate :question:

Why not just take them with you when you having s/c fitted, and ask steve to pop them in for you :D

Thought of that Gord, but they need to be changed for the service (6 year) and I don't think the garage would stamp the service history if they weren't changed?

On the subject of services, how often does the supercharger belt need changing? Any other service amendments that need to be made?

Not rung Steve yet - needed to sort out what dates I had clear in the diary (the diary being the better half...) and then I've been off work all week with a chest/throat infection and I can't speak too well! Did send him an email but he hasn't responded... will ring him as soon as I can talk again!

Thought of that Gord, but they need to be changed for the service (6 year) and I don't think the garage would stamp the service history if they weren't changed?

On the subject of services, how often does the supercharger belt need changing? Any other service amendments that need to be made?

Not rung Steve yet - needed to sort out what dates I had clear in the diary (the diary being the better half...) and then I've been off work all week with a chest/throat infection and I can't speak too well! Did send him an email but he hasn't responded... will ring him as soon as I can talk again!

Right see what you mean now mate :D

s/c belt about 10k no other service needed other than air filter

You are better off ringing Steve, as he dont go on his pc much :D