Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Lexus Stereo

Alright there people, Just got back my lexus stereo from repair after two weeks. Some one i know who works in a radio repair place use to work at the garage I work in. He took it away and said he'd give it a go, came back today and its working perfectly. ONLY COST 80 quid!!!!!!!!.

I was really chuffed!!!, Gave him an extra twenty for his efforts, He saved me two hundred quid!!!

Alright there people, Just got back my lexus stereo from repair after two weeks. Some one i know who works in a radio repair place use to work at the garage I work in. He took it away and said he'd give it a go, came back today and its working perfectly. ONLY COST 80 quid!!!!!!!!. He told me the cd deck (top loader) has the same insides as the ford 6 disc changer, He had loads lying around, so he swapped the insides.

I was really chuffed!!!, Gave him an extra twenty for his efforts, He saved me two hundred quid!!!

nice one bud....mine is doing exactly the same....do you know which ford unit he used to replace 6 disc changer????

any help always gratefull

daz :excl:

I had the usual faulty changer issue with mine and it was out of warranty, I managed to get a working unit with an amp off eBay for £100 and fitted it myself

thought it was worth bragging about :D

Alright people, sorry for the late reply, been away for the weekend.

As far as I am aware of all the Ford 6 disc changers are the same as the lexus TOP LOADER, The internals are Panasonic/Fujitsu. I spoke to the lad who did mine and he said he has brought a whole load of ford 6 six changers and they are all the same inside. But alot of Fords come with the single CD as Standard, so it takes some searching to find a six stack. But I'm sure there are alot of Fords!!

does your mate want to earn some extra wonga doing mine???

daz

Pull the air vents out then pull the plastic piece which holds the traction control/ heated seat switches. You'll see two ten mill bolts on top and two ten mill bolts on the bottom, Remove them and carefully pull out the unit with the heater controls, Pull out the wiring at the back of the heater controls and then pull the wiring out the back of the stereo, Remove the whole unit, be careful not to scratch the dash when removing. Once you have removed the full units, remove three of the 8 mill bolts from either side of the stereo. Then the stereo will be off.