Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Global Warming A Problem?

It was so hot during the reign of the Romans that they grw grapes in Scotland - that never gets mentioned though :winky:

It's just a cycle - the government are scare-mongering (again) :yawn:

Yeah it's supposed to be scaremongering just so that they can make more money!

NASA are supposedly doing research into the various planets in the solar system and they've found Mars is heating up at the same rate as Earth - you can't really put that down to CFC's and too much carbon can you - unless Kuato is up to his pesky tricks again!

Yeah it's supposed to be scaremongering just so that they can make more money!

NASA are supposedly doing research into the various planets in the solar system and they've found Mars is heating up at the same rate as Earth - you can't really put that down to CFC's and too much carbon can you - unless Kuato is up to his pesky tricks again!

I wondered where all the old V8's and V12's where going now i know ...... Mars :lol:

Cyclic or not I still think we should be acting more responsibly regarding how much we pollute the environment. Its a finite resource and we can't carry on like this forever, especially not the the population growth we are experiencing on the planet.

But I guess the LOC forum is not the best place to discuss this. We aren't exactly green are we.

But then again it takes many more resources to build a car than run it for its entire life, so as long as you buy second hand then really you are helping the environment. Its those who get a new car every two years that should feel guilty ;)

If thats the case i'm surprised theres not a big tax on buying second hand cars as it's the greener option!!

I do agree we need to look after the planet even if it's just little things like puttin litter in the bin .. come on thats not difficult.

Have to think of the kids!

Just popped out for lunch and watched a guy in front tip an entire MacD meals packaging out the window of his car into the road. Thats the sort of thing that really pisses me off.

Yup having worked in the industry I guarantee that the energy and resources required to make the car far outstrip the emissions during its lifetime.

Thats just out or order dropping stuff on the road, it's in a bag so keep it in the car until you get home or near a bin!! :angry:

I'd of side swiped him and put him in the hedge!! (if i wasnt driving me lex and had money to throw away)

I'd of side swiped him and put him in the hedge!! (if i wasnt driving me lex and had money to throw away)

:lol: Think of all the trees you would have destroyed :lol:

If you imagine time since the big bang as a 30cm ruler, then we only know the actual history of last 5-10 or so centimeteres (and some of that is assumption based on skeletal remains, fossils etc). The earth is very resilient planet, and I'm sure nature would find a way -though unpredictably which I think everyone fears.

Africa as we know it now wasn't where it is 1bln years ago, and neither was Blighty. Things do go in cycles and what we know now will be different even if we didn't exist in another 1bln years. And if it gets warmer, more clouds will form and it will come back down to cool things down, albeit in a different place. There is also scare talk of the Gulf stream changing, which would give us cold winters, but each scientist gives a different answer, and some still maintain that we are still coming out of an ice age...

It's true that we should do our bit whilst we are here, but some see this as an excuse to tax us more...whilst the biggers polluters do whatever they want.

If they really want to sort this out they need to sort out the far east, asia and the america's, who create 75+% of the earth pollution - so Mr Blair and Brown can get on a high horse and fly a flag, but nothing will change unless the big'uns change their ways!!

Cyclic or not I still think we should be acting more responsibly regarding how much we pollute the environment. Its a finite resource and we can't carry on like this forever, especially not the the population growth we are experiencing on the planet.

But I guess the LOC forum is not the best place to discuss this. We aren't exactly green are we.

But then again it takes many more resources to build a car than run it for its entire life, so as long as you buy second hand then really you are helping the environment. Its those who get a new car every two years that should feel guilty ;)

Where do you think the supply of second hand cars come from? the second hand factory? :winky:

I thought ebay produced them :lol:

Loved that too :lol:

Question is has anyone actually watched the documentary? I think it was C4 who made it.

Click on the link and be prepared for a very "eye opening" perspective on the whole subject. It has been hijacked by various organisations for political purposes, uses names of scientists who disagree in papers as supporting the theory, restricts the development of the third world.

But most significant is the fact the "Global Warming Research" is a multi billion dollar industry that is out of control and we pay for it. All based on a "half baked" theory that just does not stand up.

There is no doubt we should act responsibly by trying to cut down on pollution where we can.

The current goverment use the global warming excuse to rip us off even more.

Politicians have never seen a map of the the British Isles, does anyone look at the size of us compared to the rest of the world..

Doesn't matter what we do here , the first volcano that erupts negates it all........man thats some pollution when it happens. :duh:

Here Here :P

No, no,....(Mr Pedant, here).

It's 'Hear, hear'. It's a shortened version, of 'Hear him, hear him'.

OK class, back to overpopulation! If rats get too crowded, they get a little crazy.

The role of cities in psychological disorder - discuss. (And the 'Warming' theories could be just THAT...a disorder, no matter HOW they're put! )

I recall scientists in 1975 telling us that we'd definitely run very short of petrol.....in 1990!And there'd be an ICE AGE!!

Too many people is definitely an issue. (And definitely too many so-called experts!!) But not 'Global warming....warning perhaps?

funny that - you pay people to find a link between Carbon output and global warming...

shock horror, they find it, and ask for another grant to continue working on it...

You know, there is also an inverse effect of the global temperature and the number of pirates ;) i think perhaps i should get a grant to investigate that!

You know, there is also an inverse effect of the global temperature and the number of pirates ;) i think perhaps i should get a grant to investigate that!

I try my best to save the world I really do :)

Where do you think the supply of second hand cars come from? the second hand factory? :winky:

D'uh of course not mate. It depends on your POV. The inital buyer of the car drives the market for new cars, if you buy second hand you are not driving the car market par se. The OEM's make no money out of the second hand market. Its all the people who buy a new car every two years that cause the problem.