Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Indusction Kit...ducting

Hi.

I have my Prolex Induction Kit fitted, My next task is to get some cold air ducting to the air filter.

I have 60mm K&N ducting, I was going to run it from next to the drivers side foglight to under the air filter.

With this route will the system suck in water when it rains causing damage to the engine?

Is the metalwork (inner wing/inner wheel arch) under the filter a major piece as I will need to cut out a 60-70mm hole to run the ducting through

DSC00955.jpg

Has anybody else done this and if so have they got any pics?

Cheers

Aaron

Hi.

I have my Prolex Induction Kit fitted, My next task is to get some cold air ducting to the air filter.

I have 60mm K&N ducting, I was going to run it from next to the drivers side foglight to under the air filter.

With this route will the system suck in water when it rains causing damage to the engine?

Is the metalwork (inner wing/inner wheel arch) under the filter a major piece as I will need to cut out a 60-70mm hole to run the ducting through

DSC00955.jpg

Has anybody else done this and if so have they got any pics?

Cheers

Aaron

There will be no probs doing this.............i do it on the turbo conversions and it works well

I did exactly the same thing. The metal is not that thick. I never had any problem with water although I avoided very large puddles.

Would love to see some pics of this when its done mate.

Stav

Will do :winky:

I was going to get the Pipercross kit, (with the anodised ends) and fit it into the front bumper, remembered its me doing it and will probably **** it up :D

Hi I`ve just bought the same induction kit and was wondering how difficult it was to install once you`ve removed the factory air filter and if you had to change or modify any other parts in the engine bay to make it fit?

I`ve also heard that if you run ducting from near the fog light, putting a s-bend in the cold air feed will reduce any chance of water being taken up.

Halfords or motorstores.

Take your car so you can compare them (can't remember what size) either get a fancy colour silicon on or a black one...get a couple of jubilee clips too, so its fitted well.

DSC00411.jpg

The bit Under Cusco is what you need :winky:

Mine has printed on it 15.8mm (possibly int' dia')

Halfords or motorstores.

Take your car so you can compare them (can't remember what size) either get a fancy colour silicon on or a black one...get a couple of jubilee clips too, so its fitted well.

DSC00411.jpg

The bit Under Cusco is what you need :winky:

Mine has printed on it 15.8mm (possibly int' dia')

Nice one, ive got another, does the front strut bar youve got improve the handling much?

Only really notices when its not on, the steering feels a little different, for looks its good, if I was to do it again I would get uprated ARB's and not bother with the strut bars.

Got my ducting sorted today. :D

Cut a 65mm hole...metal here is not thick! there is a loom on the underside closer to the wheel, think for the foglight and headlight washer,

DSC00007.jpg

secured the ducting, first to the headlight washer pipe but caused a screen wash leek, :crying: so i made a small hole in the ducting and used a fixing that holds the foglight in place...with a longer bolt.

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

I have still got to possition the ducting better,(i would like it sitting directly under the filter) will modify the heat shield at some point.

About an hours work, ratchet spanners are great for getting the foglight out :winky:

looks good, think i might have to do the same!

when i get time that is.......might even try and get the end piece to mold to the shape of the hole :shifty:

keep up the good work.

Jason :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links